CHICAGO/MILWAUKEE JULY 11
Jul 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #121 of 183
Thanks Andy for all the work you've put into making this a great meet. It looks like it will be an awesome time.

I just put in an order for 24 HD800s at the local factory with a scheduled production completion date of late Friday afternoon. I plan on bringing them to the meet and if they don't sound good, (likely), they will just have to be properly disposed of.
biggrin.gif

As always, I've hit the local Beer Nuts store and will be bringing some cashews, pecans and macadamia beer nuts.

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #122 of 183
I have decided to bring my RSA Stealth and Bel Canto DAC2 but haven't decided on the transport yet. It will be the Acurus ACD-11, the Oppo 983H or a surprise. I also may have a surprised tube appearance for the Stealth if UPS comes through with the Friday delivery.

Forgot to mention the Headphones but they will be HD600s and AKG702s. Also, I may have a possible surprise here depending on shipping.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #123 of 183
UPDATE: I had the good fortune to run into US Customs problems getting some of our gear here from overseas. It seems US Customs likes our Amp3's, so they are going to keep them for a week. Jack from HiSoundAudio was very upset about this and immediately contacted his new US dealer, Craig from Whiplash Audio. Craig not only offered to loan us a couple of Amp3's for our Meet, but kicked in an additional 2 Amp3's,
a TWcu LOD Elite with viablue connector from Cryoparts , a SCSCag LOD Elite with Viablue connector, AND a Styleaudio Emerald DAC/AMP!!!

HOLY CRAP that's almost a $1000 worth of gear right there! Oh, Craig said to be very careful with it while we are using it because it has to all get boxed back up and raffled at the Meet!!!

Wow, we now have almost $2000 worth of gear to be raffled at the Meet.

I sure hope people show up, otherwise I'm going to buy a few raffle tickets and call it a day.

A BIG THANK YOU to Whiplash Audio for coming through in a pinch AND for their very generous contribution to our Meet. Whiplash Audio Dynamics

Thanks also to US Customs.
tongue_smile.gif

-Andy

Amp3 DAP
images_pic_a1.jpg

TWcu LOD:
TWcu_LOD_1.jpg

SCSCag LOD:
SCSCag_Viablue_LOD.jpg

Emerald DAC/AMP:
emerald.jpg

emerald3.jpg

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #124 of 183
just wondering, anyone here staying in the madison area and will like to give me a ride? if not how about at o'hare airport instead? i'll really like to come but my friend can't give me a confirmation.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #126 of 183
Just to confirm, I'm planning to be there as well. Now to figure out how to get myself up there!
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #127 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just wondering, anyone here staying in the madison area and will like to give me a ride? if not how about at o'hare airport instead? i'll really like to come but my friend can't give me a confirmation.

How about Greyhound? I just looked it up and it's $24 each way from Madison to Kenosha. Problem is fitting into their departure times, and maybe have to stay overnight and go back Sunday. But still probably cheaper than a flight!

Too bad Megabus doesn't make that route. But I think it goes to Milwaukee, so that may open some options.

If not, I will be driving past O'hare, but my arrival and departure times are very tentative, probably all the way until Saturday, so I'm not sure if it will work well with an airplane's arrival/departure times.

PM me if you don't have anything more concrete than that, and we'll see if we can make it work out.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #128 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to confirm, I'm planning to be there as well. Now to figure out how to get myself up there!
biggrin.gif

Whoa, Strohmie is back! I think the last meet you were at was the one we were at in Central Illinois at Audio Addict's. I don't think I will be able to make it Saturday but I am glad you will be able to make it out.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #130 of 183
I have some I can bring.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #131 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Everyone,

Anyone who has extension cords and power strips, if you would please bring them, that would help out tremendously.

Thanks,
Andy

you got it.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #132 of 183
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Are you flying in? Looks like I'll be driving by O'Hare anyway.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #133 of 183
Quote:

biggrin.gif

That will be great. Are you bringing you self built CD player?

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #134 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgot to mention the Headphones but they will be HD600s and AKG702s. Also, I may have a possible surprise here depending on shipping.

Got email today from Michael at SoundEarphones and he has graciously agreed to send me a pair of Ultrasone Edition 8s to bring to meet for everyone to listen to.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f115/u...-stock-431575/

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #135 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got email today from Michael at SoundEarphones and he has graciously agreed to send me a pair of Ultrasone Edition 8s to bring to meet for everyone to listen to.

I don't know how much actual listening I will be able to do at the Meet, but this is one set of Cans I'm putting on my priority list.

Well done, Mr. Addict, well done.

Thanks, Soundearphones.com!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back