CHICAGO/MILWAUKEE JULY 11
Jun 2, 2009 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 183

andyk

100+ Head-Fier
Announcing a meet for the Chicago to Milwaukee HeadFi scene....right smack in-between both cities:

KEYNOTE SPEAKER: [size=x-large]Ray Samuels!![/size]

News - Ray Samuels Audio

WHEN: [size=x-large]Saturday July 11, 2009[/size]

WHERE: [size=x-large]KENOSHA WISCONSIN[/size]

TIME: 11am-5pm (Pizza afterward?)

ADDRESS:

635 58th Street Kenosha Wisconsin 53140

Google Maps link: 635 58th Street kenosha wi - Google Maps

We have secured a meeting place at EPIC AUDIO in beautiful downtown Kenosha. There are plenty of cool places to get your eat on
popcorn.gif
, or your drink on
beerchug.gif
, and it's a only a couple blocks from Lake Michigan:

Epic Audio

There is a low-key theme to this event:

It's a MEET, that is INSTRUCTIONAL. The main idea being that novice are expressly invited to learn what makes a great sounding system and what those systems actually sound like.

Check this thread often for a WIDE variety of gear to sample, from entry level to
eek.gif

SO, if you are a novice, this is your chance to rub elbows with some Uber-HIFI peoples, walk away with new knowledge, and bring home a souvenir:

Germania has volunteered to show us how to make our own mini-mini cables, and will supply everything needed: (You bring $4 to cover the Uber HIFI Connectors). She also said she would be bringing her portable DIY Bluetooth DAC and hopefully the prototypes/protoboarded Bluetooth to SPDIF/I2S/USB receiver and converter. (can't wait!)

[size=large]VENDOR SECTION:[/size]
atsmile.gif

-RAY SAMUELS AUDIO (Keynote and he's bringing toys to play with! Phono Stage, anyone?) News - Ray Samuels Audio

-IBASSO has graciously offered to DONATE a P3+ Amp and a new T3 PROTOTYPE Amp which is said to be superior than the T4 Amp.
Raffle: During the Meet, the P3+ and the T3 will be raffled and all proceeds will go to Headfi.org. Thank you, Ibasso Audio! iBasso

-WOO AUDIO has graciously offered to loan a WooAudio WA6 Tube Amp for our Meet. Also, anyone who would like to purchase headphone stands can save on the cost of shipping at the Meet, but you must pre-order before the Meet. Simply send me a PM if you want a stand. Thanks, Woo Family! Woo Audio High-End Tube Amplifiers - The Sound of Excellence

-HISOUNDAUDIO has graciously offered to DONATE a number of their Amp3 Digital Audio Players for our use during the Meet. When the Meet is over, the players will be RAFFLED, with proceeds going to Headfi. There will be special pricing at the Meet for these DAP's, so if you fall in love, you can place an order online for the special price. Thank you, HiSoundAudio! www.hisoundaudio.com

-HEAD-DIRECT has graciously offered to send an EF2 USB Headphone Amp and RE3 Phones for our event. Thanks, Head-Direct and Fang! www.head-direct.com

-KOSS STEREOPHONES has graciously offered to be part of our Meet. They are sending a sales representative and a Design Engineer and will be bringing a selection of Koss products including the new CC01, KDE250 and QZ900. They will also be bringing the KDX series, standard and anniversary Portapro's and possibly the ESP 950 Electrostatic phones (my personal request), as well as other goodies for our enjoyment! Thanks, Koss! :: KOSS :: Welcome

-PS AUDIO has graciously offered to send a representative to our Meet. I believe they will be bringing the Power Plant Premier (PPP) AND the Perfect Wave Transport (something that was missing at Can-Jam!) Thanks, PS Audio! Delivering the Experience Since 1974 | PS Audio

-WHIPLASH AUDIO has graciously offered to DONATE gear for our Meet. Craig from Whiplash is donating the following to our Meet and after the Meet the gear will be Raffled off with all proceeds going to Headfi.org:

-(2) Amp3 DAC's
-a TWcu LOD with viablue 3.5mm connector
-a SCSCag LOD with viablue 3.5mm connector
-a Styleaudio Emerald DAC/AMP

Thank you Whiplash Audio and thank you Craig! website: Whiplash Audio Dynamics

[size=large]RAFFLE SECTION (Almost $2000 worth of gear!):[/size]
L3000.gif
darthsmile.gif

We have got some nice goodies to be raffled, with all proceeds going to Headfi.org! Thank you to our Vendors/Manufacturers for donating the following:

1. (2) Amp3 Digital Audio Players donated by HiSoundAudio.com ÉîÛÚÊкºÉùÒôÏìÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾
2. (1) P3+ Amp donated by Ibasso.com iBasso
3. (1) T3 PROTOTYPE Amp donated by Ibasso.com iBasso
4. (2) Amp3 Digital Audio Players donated by Whiplash Audio Whiplash Audio Dynamics
5. (1) TWcu LOD with viablue 3.5mm connector donated by Whiplash Audio Whiplash Audio Dynamics
6. (1) SCSCag LOD with viablue 3.5mm connector donated by Whiplash Audio Whiplash Audio Dynamics
7. (1) Styleaudio Emerald DAC/AMP donated by Whiplash Audio Whiplash Audio Dynamics

I am working on some other surprises, and will give out hints as we get closer.

NOW, if you are interested in coming, please post your intentions and what type of gear you would be willing to bring below and I will start a running list.

Fur Sure Coming:

1. Germania + 3 friends (portable DIY BT DAC, mini-mini class, ES-7 & ESW-9 Mods....for free!)
2. Andyk and wife (Grado RS-2, Pa2V2, Penguin, Portapro, Clips)
3. Skylab and Son (Decware CSP-2, Audiotailor Jade, and Audio-GD C2C for amps, RWA iMod iPod with ALO Auricap Dock for source, and AT ESW9, Kenwood KH1000, and Beyer DT880 for cans)
4. Ray Samuels
5. Craig (Epic Audio)
6. BHD812 (Grado HF-2!!!!!! Headphones)
7. Audiosceptic (BHSE?)
8. Xnothingpoetic
9. Jvlgato (RS1, Sansa Fuze, Nuforce mobile)
10. Audio Addict (RSA Stealth, Bel Canto DAC2, Acurus ACD-11, the Oppo 983H or a surprise. HD600s and AKG702s)
11. Keithpgdrb + friend (Stax sr-lambda - normal bias, Stax srd7-sb "energizer", Yamaha sr-2020 integrated amp, Head-Direct RE2 IEM, Head-Direct RE0 IEM, SoundMagic PL30 IEM, Fiio E3)
12. TerriblePaulz + Spawn
13. Logwed
14. Tim359 + friend (ATH-AD 700)
15. Tigon Ridge and Girlfriend (He's peddin', she's walkin)
16. Volovsekn
17. GLF (Senn HD650 w/ Cardas cable, Bottlehead S.E.X amp, Resolution Audio Opus 21, RSA P-51)
18. Strohmie
19. UncleDavid218 (Little Dot I+, USB Fubar II, and Grado 325i (and MacBook as the source)
20. Xuan87 (macbook, ipod touch, futuresonic atrios, senn IE8, crossroad HR1, crossroad woody 2, Senn hd600, heed canamp, little dot mkiii with sovtek 6H30Pi and lm ericsson 403b goldpins tubes and audio g.d compass dac, and free Silclear for anyone!)
21. Recstar24

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 183
I will come.

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 183
Does anyone know if Ray Samuels can come again?

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 183
I may be able to make it...I will try very hard to do so.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 183
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

I would like to announce the KEY NOTE SPEAKER at our event will be:

[size=large]Ray Samuels[/size]

I asked Mr. Samuels to give a short talk at our get together. I will post the subject of the talk as we get closer to the Meet.

Awesome!!! Thank you, Ray!

Oh, yeah...he's bringing some toys
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #8 of 183
Well it's always fun to see Ray and Germania. I'm looking forward to it - should be able to do it.

We should try to set a time as soon as is reasonable.

Jun 5, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #12 of 183
In Kenosha you'd be lucky to find a 2-star hotel
wink.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #13 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Kenosha you'd be lucky to find a 2-star hotel
wink.gif

It is funny you say that as after I posted I went to Expedia and checked and they are basically 2 star hotels, even for the named chains. I don't want to go through what Germania did up at the Michigan meet when she stayed over.

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #14 of 183
I would stay by O'hare. You can usually score a 4 star hotel for around $100. It might be a bit out of the way but at least you know you will sleep well and get a good breakfast.

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #15 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you suggest any "****" hotels in the area. It is about a 3.5 hour drive for me and I don't think I would be able to make the drive home that evening.

Thanks.

Hey Steve...
You know you are allways welcomed to stay at my home.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back