Chicago meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 12, 2002 at 6:59 AM Post #16 of 39
Dude!

You are most certainly invited...,,,please come and enjoy. Quote:

Originally posted by Jodiuh
Hey all!

I'm VERY new to all of this. I finally got fed up with all my "cheapo" headphones and did a little research on the net. After the sticker shock, I decided "not to be a believer in the whole amp thing ," per headroom and went with a Koss Portapro. WOW! I was hooked. I just picked up some Sennheiser 580's from the store musicdirect.com and have burned them in about 60 hours now. Unfortunately, I didn't pick up an amp. So...

Are noobies allowed or is this allll business
wink.gif
?

Would I be able to get a cheap cmoy or meta42 amp to get me by for now?

Thanks!!

Jod
wink.gif

Oct 13, 2002 at 1:55 PM Post #17 of 39
Jod,

There I was typing away in response to your PM, all the while thinking to myself I've seen your name before. Duh, it's from this post!
wink.gif

Come on down! When we get sick of talking about cans (yeah right) we can talk about gaming!

Regards - reynman

Oct 14, 2002 at 1:38 AM Post #19 of 39
OK guys,

I need a headcount.I might have to rent a big table,or tables and some chairs so a more definitive number is needed.

We have a few suprise amps and one suprise source coming to keep things interesting.We may also need a few more interconnects as we may be a little short.If anyone has an interconnect to bring please do so.I'm sure you guys are gonna bring your own music,but allow me to suggest that you label your discs.I have left discs at auditions and people have left them at places like the Headroom WOH tour so this is just a precaution.We may also get some gear and music from the guys a Musicdirect.I think they are feeling dissed since we are having the meeting at Decibel and want to be involved in some way.We'll see...I updated the gear list again today and added projected attendees.this is gonna be fun!!!!!!!

Oct 14, 2002 at 1:55 PM Post #20 of 39
Fred,

I plan on being there. I will bring

Panasonic CT570 portable source
AKG-401
HD-600 Stock
Porta-Pro

Oct 14, 2002 at 9:29 PM Post #21 of 39
Yage,
Do you have C.I.R. interconnects too? Or is that just a typo. They rule, I thought I was one of the only people who have heard them. I heard they are from the midwest. I will also bring my JMT CHA-47, R-900, KCS-35, MX500, DIY Belden 1506A (Or 1509A I forget), and a pair of DIY Belden 89259. Looks like almost my whole home rig is coming! Hey tjoebroller, I am having an issue w/ my 3 1/2 yr old SR60. The right side is cutting out ALL the time (It use to do it periodically). Do you think someone could help me fix it? I'm willing to sacrifice the pair if we should want to try.

Oct 15, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #22 of 39
I got all the gear plus some extra stuff from Headroom today.Thanks Todd!!!! We are gonna have a ball! I updated the gear list tonight as well.I don't think we need any more gear, we actually have too much(if that's at all possible) and I am still having an issue with the tables and chairs.I'll keep you guys posted.

Oct 15, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #23 of 39
Ah man! A chance to hear the Blockhead again...it makes me swoon.
biggrin.gif
I can't resist. I'll probably be there with my Corda Blue. Should I bring the ART DI/O too? How about the grado interconnects?

Oct 15, 2002 at 1:38 PM Post #24 of 39
Chenanay,

Please do come and bring your gear.I'll add it to the gear list and we look forward to having you.If you need directions etc.please PM me and I can talk with you over the phone.

Oct 16, 2002 at 2:03 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Do you have C.I.R. interconnects too? Or is that just a typo...

Actually, I just noticed that... it's a typo... I have no idea how to even *buy* a pair...

Oct 16, 2002 at 6:17 PM Post #26 of 39
Wow, I never expected this kind of response and all of that equipment
biggrin.gif
Awesome! I will come with a friend or two, still need to confirm with them. If there is a problem with sitting then there is always the floor.

Besides the more important thing is that there is a headphone jack to plug in to
biggrin.gif

Can't wait!
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2002 at 1:06 AM Post #28 of 39
Ok, 5-6 hour driving time just so I can spend an afternoon in an audio store in downtown Chicago not to mention I have to find somebody to fill for me on a Sunday....

But you have a Twinhead and a Blockhead...

Ok, I'm going to see if I can make this one, need to find some sucker...er...generous person who will fill in for me at work on Sunday though.

Oct 17, 2002 at 6:13 AM Post #29 of 39
Guys I'm sorry but the Twinhead is gonna be a No-show.You'll see why when you get there.All the other gear plus some suprises will be there so please don't let this dampen the enthusiam.

Oct 18, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #30 of 39
YES!!

I got my shift covered so I'll be at the meeting. I'm really looking forward to seeing the potential of my Senn 580's. I've been searching for the best gaming cans and have pretty much narrowed it down on the boards, but actually listening to them "on a computer" would be the best way to decide. Would any of you mind if I brought my computer to hear "exactly" how they sound out of my soundcard?
I have seen a lot of forum topics on this and I think we could help out quite a few folks by testing the different combos of closed/open/amped experiences.

One thread to rule them all
wink.gif

Jod
wink.gif

P.S. I've got quite a few games including the new UT2003 and would love to welcome you all to my world
wink.gif

another P.S.
wink.gif
If their's bandwidth available we could use a webcam(I have a cheapy) to the rest of the head-fier's
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back