Chicago meet?
Apr 8, 2003 at 7:05 AM Post #181 of 237
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
....You would certainly have to approve any other use.

Actually, Fred, if I'm not mistaken, each poster owns the rights to whatever he/she posts, not moi (unless I'm the poster).

Someone in the know want to help us clarify things here?

Apr 8, 2003 at 12:38 PM Post #182 of 237
If one of the companies wants to use my comments I have no problem with it as long as they are accurate with their quote.

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:42 PM Post #183 of 237
Excitement is certainly building as this meet gets closer, and for good reason as you peruse the list of equipment that is to be there. Given that there are no headphone amps to even audition anywhere in my area, I feel pretty lucky to live so close to the meet site. Thanks much to all who are contributing their equipment to this meet. For those, like me, who are looking to purchase their first headphone amp, it is an incredible opportunity to audition equipment. I only wish I had something to contribute
frown.gif

For those of us who have never attended one of these events - is there a "meet protocol?" For instance, should we bring a bunch of cd's to audition? Do people bring music they like to share with others? Do people bring their cans in boxes, all official like, or do they just bring 'em in a paper bag?

Sorry for the obsessiveness of the questions. I am really looking forward to this event.

Apr 8, 2003 at 2:10 PM Post #184 of 237
Glad to see you're gonna make it.Just bring your music,labled of course to prevent loss,your cans and your eager ears.If you show up with you phones in a brown bag we'll only laugh(with you) for a minute.You wil also be able to purchase the Meier Audio amps as well as the BPT Conditioner and new power cords all at deep discounts.The maker of the Supra amp and other tube amps will have his stuff for sale as well.I'm pretty sure you will be able to deal directly with Ray Samuels for the HR2 amp.All the sources provided by Decibel Audio will be available at great discounts as will any other gear they allow us to use.I'll have to ask Antness if he wants to sell the Gilmore V2 and Gilmore Lite he's sending.Plan to bring your wallet.

EDIT:

Guys,I just got off the phone with the manager from the Ramada Inn Lakshore.She informed me that anyone seeking to reserve a room should do so soon.I guess there are a lot of campus visits scheduled for the University of Chicago that week and they have rooms going fast.I only asked for four lodging rooms and I need one for myself so hurry up.

Apr 9, 2003 at 1:11 PM Post #185 of 237
Well, I _REALLY_ want to make it down for the meet, but I am going to have to drop my name.

My roommates and I are running into a little mess with our lease on the house we live in, so I am going to be tied up with that.

And who knows, by the time the meet rolls around, I could be homeless!
rolleyes.gif

Have a great meet guys! There is always next time for me...

Apr 9, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #186 of 237
Tuberoller...

This meet sounds like an exciting event. I doubt I can come at this point, but man 'o man would I love to audition all those amps. Since I am considering buying one soon anyway, it is almost a no brainer. I am very impressed with all you head-nuts, and my recently purchased Senns are showing me a new way to listen. I am humbled...
cool.gif

gb

I hope I can reverse field and make it up for Saturday...

Apr 10, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #187 of 237
Fred,

Just wondering about set-up. Will we each have our own table to set-up our own equipment? Will we share tables? Or is there another way to present all of this gear?

Count me in for set-up and tear down duty for Saturday. I am planning to go Sunday, but I'll just bring some cans and music instead of all the gear.

Looking forward to it. It seems so long ago that we were at MusicDirect hoping to secure a space for Chicago's headphone meet, and thanks to your hard work we are ready to have a blast!

I'd like to chip in some $$$ for the room and or some food for lunch. Does De Medici deliver? Does Ramada have restrictions on food, spirits, and other libations?

Regards - reynman

Apr 10, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #188 of 237
Lou Malnati's...Berghoff's...Billy Goat... I used to get Burrito Buggy when I worked downtown, but then the health department shut them down in the wake of the food poisonings at the Goodwill Games so the appeal to eat from them after they reopened was a little lacking to say the least. Ah hell with it! I'd be happy if I could get a decent hot dog or kielbasa. The yokels downstate have no idea how to properly prepare their meat products.

Apr 10, 2003 at 10:56 PM Post #189 of 237
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
My equipment list will be my two amps (Grado RA-1 and Headroom Total Airhead 4.5V), along with the stock IC bundled with the TAH and some AR ICs for my RA-1; my two top-of-the-line slim PCDPs (Panasonic SL-CT790 and Sony D-EJ1000) - and definitely my Etymotic ER-4S, Grado SR-225 and Sennheiser HD 600 with stock cable, along with possibly (just to see exactly how overrated that 'phone is) MDR-V700DJ. More equipment may be added later, before I actually go to the meet.

I have added the Panasonic SL-CT470 PCDP and Grado SR-325 and Sony MDR-7506 (MDR-V6) headphones to my equipment list.

Apr 11, 2003 at 6:47 AM Post #190 of 237
The deal with the number of tables is still being worked out.The room is large enoogh to fit about 20 smaller tables.I'm hoping this is what we can do.

We have had a few cancellations ,and additions to the attendee and gear list.check the list.

Apr 14, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #191 of 237
Just wanted to let everyone know, I was able to line up an Exact Power EP-15A for use from Aberdeen Components for the meeting.

Exact Power EP-15A

With the ability to provide a steady 1500 watts of power, this should provide a great way to get the best out of the headphone amplifiers and the sources.

Apr 16, 2003 at 5:42 PM Post #193 of 237
I mentioned before that there would be gear for sale at the meet.I am listing the gear I know will be for sale and some others that may be.

Meier Audio Prehead
Meier Audio Corda HA2
Meier Audio Corda HA1 MarkII

Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline HR2

Antness Gilmore V2(2 will be for sale)

Singlepower Audio Supra tubed amp-he's actually sending three amps and all will be available for purchase.

BPT -1 Power conditioner

BPT L-9 power cord

Exact Power EP-15A

I'm still checking on what Decibel Audio is bringing and I have to see if any of the headphones will be available.The headphone sale is not very popular as most dealers won't sell used headphones.

The main reason for selling the gear at the meet is to prevent having to ship it back to the provider.Most will be sold at substantial discounts so if interested bring some dough.

Apr 16, 2003 at 5:52 PM Post #194 of 237
Fred,

Have you listened to the Singlepower Audio Supra tubed amps? I looked around for any info on the web and didn't see anything. Maybe I am looking i the wrong place.

Apr 16, 2003 at 6:00 PM Post #195 of 237
John,

Single Power manufactures Hirsch's Supra amp which he has raved about.He assures me it is near the top of the heap and that we all must hear it.I trust his ears and the manufacturer is sending them for the meet.I have not had a chance to listen to them yet but they should arrive this week and I'll listen while they burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back