Chicago meet?
Mar 11, 2003 at 10:49 PM Post #107 of 237
Dear Headfellows,

Well, sometimes it's a pity that I'm living in "old Europe" and not in the "new world". Otherwise I would certainly have been on this one. Quite a lot of interesting stuff :)

Tuberoller asked me for some demo-amps and so I'll send him a PREHEAD (LM6171 version), a HA-2 and the new upcoming HA-1 MkII (provided I get the front- and backplates of the enclosure ready in time). If no one has a RKV I also might send one of these (but only if you guys really like me to!)

Cheers,

Jan

Mar 11, 2003 at 10:51 PM Post #108 of 237
Hey, i really want the RKV there. After all, if we loot it, it's on tuberollers head
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2003 at 12:32 AM Post #109 of 237
I don't think Tuberoller is going to have enough parking spaces for all the people showing up, yet room for all the gear. I hope to drive up from Central Illinois on Saturday and possibly Sunday. I can bring my RKV to save Jan from shipping one all the way from Germany. I will also bring a ZCable LIVE, a TDS Passive Audiophile, a Panasonic portable SL-341 with a Game Junkie. Since I am bringing the RKV, I guess I will bring my HD600 with the Blue Clou.

After Vertigo's recent post, I contacted Mark Hampton at ZCable to see about upgrading my LIVE's to the latest Version 5. Mark indicated he has a new product coming out and suggested I try it instead of upgrading. I should have it before the meet and hope to bring it with.

Mar 12, 2003 at 3:12 AM Post #110 of 237
Sign me up for Saturday.

I'll bring my Beyer 831s and maybe a little amp.

Jan - if the politics don't change we may all be relocating to the "Old Europe" - Don't sell the haus yet!

Mar 12, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #111 of 237
I'd be curious how the Prehead vs. Max vs. RKV shootout would end up. I've been spending some time with an RKV, great sounding amp. I keep going back to the Melos.
cool.gif

Mar 12, 2003 at 10:38 PM Post #114 of 237
Dear Audio Addict,

Thanks for bringing your amp. This indeed saves me quite some work and costs. Shipping a PREHEAD or HA-2 is easy. But the RKV needs very carefull packing and is quite heavy.

Today I collected the PCB's for the new HA-1 MkII. Right now I'm only waiting for the front- and backplates of the enclosure. If necessary I'll make some provisory plates.

Cheers,

Jan

Mar 12, 2003 at 11:52 PM Post #115 of 237
Thanks Jan these additions will make this meet a real showpiece for amps and headphones. I am glad it is a 2 day event.

Mar 13, 2003 at 1:50 AM Post #116 of 237
It looks like I'm clear to make it to the meet. Something could come up, but right now I am planning on comming. I have not read the whole thread, but I'm planning on bringing my Sony MDR 10 and the new ASL Twin Head MKII. If someone is already bringing this gear let me know. Thanks

Mar 13, 2003 at 6:32 AM Post #117 of 237
Well, I don't have any plans during that weekend, so I will probably be able to make it as well.

I could bring my HD-580s w/ Cardas cable, if needed. I also have my JMT powered META42, which I would be happy to bring along as well - I know some of this gear is already on the list, but I'd feel bad if I didn't bring anything!

I am located in Madison and could bring along one or two other people, if needed. I drive a little fast, but I promise you'll be safe
biggrin.gif
Shoot me a PM if you would need a ride...

Sounds like this will be a great time
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back