Chicago Meet - June 23rd
Jun 14, 2007 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 124

recstar24

Can Jam '10 Organizer
UPDATE 6/22: Attendees, please click on the link below and read through the post:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...8&postcount=93

Hey guys,

To clear up the confusion from the other meet thread, I am starting this new one. Here are the details so far:

Date: June 23rd

photo04.jpg

photo05.jpg

photo06.jpg

Time: The Clubhouse is available from 4:30 PM until 1:00 AM. Almost everyone has said that they have committments in the morning and will be here by 4:30. But I encourage whoever is able to come on down as soon as you can, we can start out at my apartment and have a good little listening session, maybe break for lunch, and get back to setup at the clubhouse.

My goal for this meet was to keep it pretty laid back and informal. I do not have a raffle planned nor do I think it is necessary. I have not contacted any manufacturers either. If any of them want to send gear for us to check out, you are more than welcome to PM or call me. But if not, I am totally okay with that.

If you are a definite go, please PM me with the following details:

1) what time you would like to arrive and start listening
2) what time you would plan on leaving
3) What gear you plan on bringing.

Please keep in mind that due to the delay of finalizing the location from the previous thread, please ensure that if you PM me that it signifies a definite committment barring some unforeseen circumstance.

I will PM every confirmed attendee with my address and phone number a day or two before the meet.

Looking forward to seeing you guys, should be a great time.

Confirmed Attendees and gear

1. Ogewo paid
- rio karma
- shellbrook millett hybrid
- hd595
- shure e3's

2. recstar24 paid
- Meridian G08
- Grado HP-1000's
- Moth Audio S2A3
- Eddie Current EC/SS
- Eddie Current Lunchbox II
- speaker set-up - Redwine Signature 30 with Omega SuperHemps
- RedWine 5th gen Imod with various ALO docks/cables, reviewing for 6moons.
- ALO V-dock for 5th gen Imod

3. Todd R paid
- Cary 303/200 CDP
- Singlepower Extreme
- HD-650, K701, ER-4p, SE530
- PIMETA, iPod

4. Skylab paid
- DX1000
- DR150
- DT 880
- Meier Opera
- Meier Aria
- Larocco PRII
- mSeed Spirit
- RSA Tomahawk
- Darth Beyers
- Denon D5000's
- Equation RP21's
- Senn HD25's
- Larocco PRII
- mSeed Spirit
- Imod

5. khbaur330162 paid
- Headphile modded, A Pure Sound Audio recabled Sony MDR-CD3000's, terminated with balanced XLR plugs
- ATH-2's, a pair of old Audio Technica ortho's, modded
- Sony DVP-NC555ES, or Sony CDP-CA70ES

6. Terriblepaulz paid
- 4G iPod, 5.5G iPod, laptop
- Hornet
- Beyer DT990s

7. gjustice paid
- ipod
- hornet
- DT880

8. 003 paid
- Sonicraft modded Lite DAC-60
- AKG K240 Sextetts
- modded KSC35s
- Cayin HA-1A and Singlepower MPX3 SLAM* (toaster!)

9. Absorbine_Sr paid
- Zana Deux
- MF XRAY v3
- LiTe DAC-AH
- Moon Audio Blue Dragon IC's
- Various other IC's
- AKG K701's
- AKG K81 DJ's
- HD650's (Maybe with a Cardas cable)
- Lacewood Darth Beyers

10. slimchance paid
- GS-1
- RS2
- Ipod

11. Msport911 paid
- Krell Revolution SACD/CD
- Grado PS-1
- Grado HP-1
- Grado HP-2
- Grado RS-1
- Balanced Grado GS-1000
- Audio Technica L3000
- AKG K1000
- Melos SHA -1
- Krell Headphone Amp (!!!)

12. Redo paid
- SCD-CE595
- Eddie Current 2nd Gen EC/SS
- Grado SR225

13. Audio Addict paid
- AES-3 DJH
- PPX-3 SLAM
- Bel Canto DAC
- Accurus CD player.
- Hornet
- Tomahawk
- Raptor
- Stealth
- XP-7 with LT1028 chips (AD797 Chips if wanted).
- HP-2's
- HD-600
- AKG701.
- PS Audio Power Plant Premier.
- Cashew and Almond Beer Nuts
smily_headphones1.gif

14. showflash paid

15. Gil Schwartzman paid
- D2000
- CE595
- Melos SHA-1

16. Artears paid
- Micro DAC
- iriver ihp-140
- Hornet M
- Shure E500s
- At-EW9s

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 124
I would like to come, but I will have to check with work tomorrow and make sure I can have that date off. If I can, I will be there. Time of day is not an issue, and I would happily contribute $15 if need be. Far as gear goes, who knows. Probably just D2000's that can travel from source to source, as my new gear will likely not be here by then, but my old stuff will probably have shipped off.

I will update you tomorrow.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to come, but I will have to check with work tomorrow and make sure I can have that date off. If I can, I will be there. Time of day is not an issue, and I would happily contribute $15 if need be. Far as gear goes, who knows. Probably just D2000's that can travel from source to source, as my new gear will likely not be here by then, but my old stuff will probably have shipped off.

I will update you tomorrow.

Awesome - sounds good, hope to see you there!

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #4 of 124
Just need to confirm 100% I am available the 23rd. Most likely I am. I will try and see if it would still be possible to get the TakeT H2 and TR2 down there for the mini meet. I will PM Duggeh now.

BUT, unless you already have one (you probably do), someone needs to being a speaker amp, to hook the TR2 up to. I do not have one. I think there are specific details on what type of amp will and will not work, I will also ask Duggeh.

I can bring my AKG K240 Sextett, my Sonicraft modded Lite DAC-60 and I will also ask ASR now if I can bring the Cayin HA-1A.

BTW, there needs to be coffee at this meet. Lots of it.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome - sounds good, hope to see you there!

Also, if you have not, you should shoot Ray Samuels an e-mail and see if he would like to attend. If he was willing to pack up and drive two hours for our Milwaukee meet, I don't think he'd mind the 45 minute or so drive to Schaumburg, assuming he is not busy and would like to attend. He alone would probably require the added space of the clubhouse though with the stack of amps he has
tongue.gif
, but hearing his stuff is great. I wouldn't mind another go with the B-52.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just need to confirm 100% I am available the 23rd. Most likely I am. I will try and see if it would still be possible to get the TakeT H2 and TR2 down there for the mini meet. I will PM Duggeh now.

BUT, unless you already have one (you probably do), someone needs to being a speaker amp, to hook the TR2 up to. I do not have one. I think there are specific details on what type of amp will and will not work, I will also ask Duggeh.

I can bring my AKG K240 Sextett, my Sonicraft modded Lite DAC-60 and I will also ask ASR now if I can bring the Cayin HA-1A.

BTW, there needs to be coffee at this meet. Lots of it.

Speaker amp - check. I've got two in house - my Moth S2A3 and a loaner, a Red Wine Signature 30.

Coffee - check
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #7 of 124
Great!! I just sent the PM to Duggeh to find out if it will be available and I asked what types of amps will work, I know I read something about certain amp designs not being compatible with the TR2.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #8 of 124
Ryan and I talked it over and everything has been worked out. The meet will start bright and early (11ish by my definition. anyone want it earlier?) at Ryan's apartment. If everyone who plans to attend PMs Ryan ASAP then we will also plan to move the meet down to the clubhouse around dinner time. This allows everyone to attend whether you have to leave early or can't arrive until later. If it's like the last meet, people will get there early, stay for a meal or two, and not leave until late.

Again, please send out a PM as soon as you can so that Ryan is able to reserve the clubhouse.

Yay.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #9 of 124
Is there some kind of limit as to how many people can attend? Because I just need to confirm I have the 23rd free and I will be able to PM tomorrow.

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #10 of 124
Ryan said about 10 in the apartment and 25 in the clubhouse, but as people come and go the total number who can come for at least some period of time will be higher.

If everyone who originally expressed an interest in coming can still make it, we're in great shape.

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #11 of 124
I feel it best that I should let you know myself rather than have 003 pass on this information.

Mr Takei and myself are obviously a little wary of sending the units over Stateside, particularly as a factor is that I do not know many of you head-fiers as well as others. Mr Takei does not have another set spare at present which he could send himself. You would also have to pay (if UK rates are an indication of US rates) more than $350 in import duties to receive the parcel and I do not know if 8/9 days would be a guaranteed sufficiency of time for the parcel to clear the Atlantic the postal service and the red tape of customs prior to the meet.

I am sorry to disappoint you on this.

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #12 of 124
No problem, I didn't have my fingers crossed. There will still be the PS1 RS1 and L3000 to try out.

BTW, I THINK if you mark the parcel as a gift on the customs form, any fees are waived for the recipient. At least that's how it works here.

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #13 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem, I didn't have my fingers crossed. There will still be the PS1 RS1 and L3000 to try out.

BTW, I THINK if you mark the parcel as a gift on the customs form, any fees are waived for the recipient. At least that's how it works here.

That doesn't always work. Especially given that you have to declare a value. I don't know how much those cost, but I'll wager its a few thousand... customs would see that and want a cut... nevermind the actual cost of postage insuring something like that.

Jun 14, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #14 of 124
I just PM'ed recstar to confirm. I will likely have family stuff during the day, so I am planning on attending the evening session. I will bring 2 iPods (the new one will be arriving on Father's Day
biggrin.gif
), Hornet, DT990s, and Vibes. Look forward to meeting some of you, and seeing some of you again.

Jun 14, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #15 of 124
Wish I could go... but we have a speaker meet that day.

Dang... would've been fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back