Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio
Jul 11, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #61 of 264
I'll be bringing the new Oppo PM-3 and the new Fiio X3ii for sure. I'm not sure what else yet.

Oooh. I really wanna hear the pm-3. In other news, Arnold is in touch with Schiit about their display. Hopefully my one contribution to this meet actually comes through!

Kojaku

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #62 of 264
I'll be bringing the new Oppo PM-3 and the new Fiio X3ii for sure. I'm not sure what else yet.

Oooh. I really wanna hear the pm-3. In other news, Arnold is in touch with Schiit about their display. Hopefully my one contribution to this meet actually comes through!

Kojaku

Um, let's not forget your contributions in the area of breakfast pizza recommendations!
Yeah, I'm liking the PM-3, I'm curious to see what you think of it.

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #63 of 264
Apologies if this question has already been answered:

What about parking for this event? 
Is there a parking garage near Tweak Studios?

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #66 of 264
Unfortunately, I'll still be out of state for this meet. Hopefully you guys won't burn yourselves out having meets haha. I can't wait to make it to another, so fingers crossed for having one sometime this winter (perhaps winter break for us college students?).

Jul 14, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #68 of 264
Hi All,

So I've got good news and bad news. Looks like Schiit is sending a BUNCH of gear to set up and listen to, but, sadly, not an Yggy/Raggy stack. I've reached out to ogodei to see if we can get him to bring his to set up beside the rest of the Schiit gear. At least we've got something!

Kojaku

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #69 of 264
Alright,

So Steve has agreed to bring his Yggy/Raggy stack. Whoever wanted more Schiit presence at a meet, your wish has been my command.

Kojaku

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #70 of 264
  Hi All,

So I've got good news and bad news. Looks like Schiit is sending a BUNCH of gear to set up and listen to, but, sadly, not an Yggy/Raggy stack. I've reached out to ogodei to see if we can get him to bring his to set up beside the rest of the Schiit gear. At least we've got something!

Kojaku

Any idea what they are actually sending? Gungnir, Bifrost Uber, Valhalla 2 and Modi 2 Uber are all pretty high on my personal Schiit to try list.

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #71 of 264

Any idea what they are actually sending? Gungnir, Bifrost Uber, Valhalla 2 and Modi 2 Uber are all pretty high on my personal Schiit to try list.

This is the list I've gotten from them:

Magni 2
Magni 2 Uber
Modi 2
Modi 2 Uber
Vali
Fulla
Bifrost
Asgard 2
Lyr 2
Valhalla 2
Wyrd
Cables to connect same.
Powerstrips & extension cords

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #72 of 264

This is the list I've gotten from them:

Magni 2
Magni 2 Uber
Modi 2
Modi 2 Uber
Vali
Fulla
Bifrost
Asgard 2
Lyr 2
Valhalla 2
Wyrd
Cables to connect same.
Powerstrips & extension cords

3 out of 4 ain't bad. I'll take it!

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #74 of 264
  Coincidentally, I'll be bringing out my Wyrd > Gungnir > Val 2 setup - so that'll cover the missing one :wink: 

Nice! Gungnir seems like it would solve a lot of problems for me with my work setup. I'm sure it's going to butcher my Wyrd > ODAC. (Not to mention actually having all the outputs I need to finally quit swapping around cables all the time!)

Jul 14, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #75 of 264

Nice! Gungnir seems like it would solve a lot of problems for me with my work setup. I'm sure it's going to butcher my Wyrd > ODAC. (Not to mention actually having all the outputs I need to finally quit swapping around cables all the time!)

I feel like a Gungnir 2 has to be on the way. Fully balanced DSD seems like a given for Schiit at this point. 

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back