Chicago Head-Fi Meet (24 Apr 2004) Impressions (Please Post Here)
Apr 29, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #137 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Todd R:: I was pretty pissed I couldnt give the stat mat a even try, I will though ....soon!

Just contact me anytime and I'll loan it to you.
600smile.gif

Apr 29, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #139 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
That member wore the R10 backward!! Remember ....the cord is always on your left!!!
biggrin.gif

Not in this case.
tongue.gif

The R10 actually has a Y-cord that's attached to both of the earpieces.

And while most single-corded headphones have the cord on your left, two single-corded headphones that I know of (the Sennheiser HD 25(-1) and the Technics RP-DJ12## series) actually have the cord on your right when they're worn correctly.

Apr 29, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #140 of 148
Eagle,
Thanks for correcting. I totally forgot about that!! Apology for that member.

Purk

Apr 29, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #143 of 148
my friends
i need to know if it'ìs worth to wait or list for the sr-71 -or if i better go with the emmeline xp7/ad797 sound-wise ..

anyone can just briefly compare them ... ?

Apr 29, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #145 of 148
like myself, with the cds i brought, i just dont think the people there were interested in the same type of music that we wanted to try out on the speaker rig, the general concensus on the cds that i played was blah....

Apr 29, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #146 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrfytrhoges
like myself, with the cds i brought, i just dont think the people there were interested in the same type of music that we wanted to try out on the speaker rig, the general concensus on the cds that i played was blah....

Oh werent you the one who almost put me to sleep...lol j/k

I was going to ask what that was I wanted to try it out on my own

I think we needed some frank sinatra on the speaker rig, It sounded good on zeppilen and andrea boc was breath taking

May 2, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #147 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hajime
Eagle Driver had a plethora of headphones all ready to be plugged into the Grado RA-1 (this was the first time I had heard it) and a portable CD player. His CD player is the thinnest I have ever seen and at one point I stupidly asked him if there were batteries in it. He was kind enough to let me listen to various headphones of his and the three I liked the most with his RA-1 were the Sennheiser HD600's, the AKG 240s and the AKG 271. This was the first time I heard the 240s and I really liked the sound of it. I can't believe it only sells for $100. I tried the Sony 7506's and I didn't like the sound, especially after hearing the HD600's and 240s. I don't see why people like these.

Mostly true, but you fuggoddabout the fact that the 271 wasn't mine. It was reynman's K271S, with the Equinox upgrade cable.

Also, Hajime, would you go so far as to call the Sony 7506 "Gratos"?
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back