Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo at AXPONA 2015
Apr 28, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #196 of 204
  There was a free Legacy sampler that Audiohead was nice enough to hook me up when Legacy ran out on the morning of the second day (lame).  anyway, I've been listening to some of it and it has some great music on it that is very well recorded.  For anyone interested, I will post a link to download the album from my dropbox page.  Its a free sampler that says "not for sale" on the back, so I don't believe I'm breaking any copyright laws by offering it up.

give me a couple days.

I'd be interested in a share.  I'm always looking for well-recorded music.

Also, to follow up on the HE-1000, at least in meet conditions, it sounds like the headphone I have been waiting for.  No other headphone has had the combination of light and airy with good soundstage coupled with visceral bass. Gave me everything I loved about the HD800 (which was my favorite flagship (outside of e-stats and abyss) with just a bit more oomph and warmth to make it be a great all-rounder.  It does let in EVERYTHING, so it was hard to evaluate detail and nuance, but just initial gut reaction was very strong.  Now it will cost twice what I would normally want to pay for a single headphone, but it really wowed me enough that I might stretch for it probably next year.

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #197 of 204
  I'd be interested in a share.  I'm always looking for well-recorded music.

Also, to follow up on the HE-1000, at least in meet conditions, it sounds like the headphone I have been waiting for.  No other headphone has had the combination of light and airy with good soundstage coupled with visceral bass. Gave me everything I loved about the HD800 (which was my favorite flagship (outside of e-stats and abyss) with just a bit more oomph and warmth to make it be a great all-rounder.  It does let in EVERYTHING, so it was hard to evaluate detail and nuance, but just initial gut reaction was very strong.  Now it will cost twice what I would normally want to pay for a single headphone, but it really wowed me enough that I might stretch for it probably next year.

Absolutely. I listened to it once at SoCal CanJam and couldn't get a feel for the HE1000 and it took me three different attempts at AXPONA to get a time when that side of the room was quiet enough to actually get a feel for the sound. But boy was that worth it. There were only a few items at the show (that I was hearing for the first time) where my gut said, "Yes, you want this." The HE1000 was one of them. It really is the single most open sounding headphone I've ever heard.

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #198 of 204
ok, I think this worked.  Here is a link to download the Legacy Demo tracks.  I uploaded them as AIFF files.  easily converted to whatever you want.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xozye5plej8nqq1/AADVW6QXDF_6pG86oABhmBcDa?dl=0

You can download the whole thing, or individual tracks.  

Click "Download" either as a zip or to your dropbox.  It will then give you a window asking you to register.  there should be a little link at the bottom that says "no thanks, continue to download" if you don't want to register.

Please let me know if it does not work.  or if I am violating some copyright thing, which I am 99.9% sure I am not.

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #201 of 204
Anybody have a chance to give the Ayre Acoustics Codex a good listen to? Anxious to hear people's opinions/impressions.

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #203 of 204
Disappointed I missed out on this meet/AXPONA, but I can't wait for ChiUniFi 9. I assume it will be around June like it was last summer? Hopefully I'll be around.

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #204 of 204
Axpona was fun. I had a great time although was constrained but nonetheless exhilarating.

I fell in love with the Woo Audio WA7 for my HD 700. I really wish I had brought my own HD 700 as opposed to demoing it with the  one they had setup with the WyWires (that one was probably burned in better but also had the advantage of WyWires). But man that amp just changed the HD 700. It resolved whatever issues I had with the HD700.

Sibilance: Tamed
Treble: Tamed
Bass: Even more gorgeous
Rock music: Finally brought to life
Vocals and acoustic: Even more 3D

Sigh....now i need to come up with the money to buy them. I really tried to bargain hard with Jack Wu and he also tried but alas walked away empty handed. Thanks Jack! Maybe next time :) If you're reading this Jack I do want them with the Optic fiber connection and the Tube Power Supply + Upgraded tubes :)

HE1000: Still the solid headphone that I had heard at CES only this time I was there with my collection of hi-rez music connected through Optic fiber. Tested Morgan Page, Pearl Jam, Deftones, symphony scores of soundtracks and all sounded lush. The amp that they're releasing for it has an astronomical price of $10,000. Not sure if he was pulling my leg or just being honest.

I spent most of my time at the Woo Audio room. I did visit the Emotiva room. Met with the main man behind the products (hey if anyone has a Polk Audio 50% off coupon code they're not going to use please let me know as my friends and I are looking to make a HUGE purchase and can really use the discount). Thanks!

Well all in all it was fun. Wish I had more time. Next time :)
-Cyber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back