Chicago area HP meet - November 17th - ChiUniFi 6.5
Oct 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #17 of 103
Quote:
Count me in. I am not sure what I will bring yet.

One thing I know I will bring is "Beer Nuts" 
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #19 of 103
Quote:

One thing I know I will bring is "Beer Nuts" 
biggrin.gif

So I always meant to ask, do you work for beer nuts?  there is always a fantastic selection!!

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #20 of 103
Holy smokes, you weren't kidding, that Palmer Place has a wonderful selection of beer.  
beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #22 of 103
Quote:
Holy smokes, you weren't kidding, that Palmer Place has a wonderful selection of beer.  
beerchug.gif

I dont mess around when I'm talking about beer.  and I would never invite friends to a place I didnt approve of. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #24 of 103
Gear list: 
Macbook
RSA Intruder
HiFiMan HE-500
Denon D5000 w/ Lawton Audio pads, Dampened ear cups, Cardas re-cable. 
Bottlehead SEX amp 2.1 
Calyx Audio 24/192 DAC

I got some news from Cardas tonight. 
They have come out with the Clear Light Headphone cable. I'm going to order a set for my HE-500, plus another set, but I need to know how to have the second set terminated. 

If you are seriously interested in hearing this new cable on your headphone, I'll take your votes by PM. Polls close Friday.   
Your choices: 
Sennheiser 650/600/580
Sennheiser 800
Audeze 

I'm Todd R, and I approve this message. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #25 of 103
Quote:
Gear list: 
Macbook
RSA Intruder
HiFiMan HE-500
Denon D5000 w/ Lawton Audio pads, Dampened ear cups, Cardas re-cable. 
Bottlehead SEX amp 2.1 
Calyx Audio 24/192 DAC

I got some news from Cardas tonight. 
They have come out with the Clear Light Headphone cable. I'm going to order a set for my HE-500, plus another set, but I need to know how to have the second set terminated. 

If you are seriously interested in hearing this new cable on your headphone, I'll take your votes by PM. Polls close Friday.   
Your choices: 
Sennheiser 650/600/580
Sennheiser 800
Audeze 

I'm Todd R, and I approve this message. 

I vote for the sennheiser 600 termination.  I'd like to try it.  looking forward to the 500's as well.  havent had a good chance to hear them.

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #27 of 103
I'll be there, sure as the sun will rise, but haven't decided yet on whether to bring my aging and unimpressive rig with me.

If you need a ride and are, or can get to, somewhere near the Loop (I live in East Pilsen/University Village), PM me and I'll drive us (room for up to 4 passengers plus me).

I am pumped for this meet - missed the mini at Arnold's shop but really had fun at the full ChiUniFi earlier this year (even when the rain started flooding in through the doors!)!

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #30 of 103
I'll be there, sure as the sun will rise, but haven't decided yet on whether to bring my aging and unimpressive rig with me.

If you need a ride and are, or can get to, somewhere near the Loop (I live in East Pilsen/University Village), PM me and I'll drive us (room for up to 4 passengers plus me).

I am pumped for this meet - missed the mini at Arnold's shop but really had fun at the full ChiUniFi earlier this year (even when the rain started flooding in through the doors!)!

Haha yes. Let's try and stay away from first floor meets in the future. Sounds like Keith found us a secure location. Really looking forward to this one guys/gals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back