Chicago area Headphone Meet - January 28th 2017 "ChiUniFi"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2017 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 163
Hey Everyone.  Its time for another Chicago HP meet. The date is January 28th 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM.  Yes, that is in a few weeks.

There will be a $10 participation fee per person.

This event will take place at a Community Center in Western Springs.

*speaking of donations...  The Raffle.   If anyone has anything they would like to donate to a raffle, please pm me.  This can be anything.  in the past we have had music, gear, headphone stands, cables, and Kazoos!!!  Raffle tickets will be $5 a piece, or 5 for $20.  All monies go to the Chicago ChiUniFi budget.

**Music exchange table - if you have a cd/lp you would like to pass along, I will set up an exchange table.  bring something, take home something else.  Fun way to find something new.  Please dont bring your garbage.  and dont bring stuff to sell at this table.

I have included the details below, please take a minute to read ALL of it.  Please post in this thread and let me know if you are coming, and what gear you will be bringing along.  I will do my best to update the thread so we know who and what will be present.  Or, someone else can do it.  hint hint.

I have not set up any kind of snacks or drinks.  If someone is willing to bring or pick something up, we can make space for it.  A bit of a pot luck if you will.  we don't need much of course.  maybe some water, pop, chips, whatever.  You don't have to bring anything.

Who: Midwest Head-Fi'ers 
What: Headphone Meet!
When: Saturday January 28th, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Where: 4211 Grand Ave, Western Springs, IL 

HOW TO FIND THE ROOM (yes, I will make signs along your path)
1.  Park in the free parking lot, and enter doors that are right off the lot
2.  get in the elevator and take it to the 2nd floor
3.  exit elevator, walk up the ramp to your left, and go through the door directly in front of you.
4.  You will now be in a hallway.  walk straight, and take the 2nd hallway on your right.  there will be a sign that says "SENIOR CENTER"  Go there.
5.  If you hit the girls bathroom, you've gone too far.  turn around.
6.  Welcome.

Other:
-Please bring extension cords and power strips if you have them.  There are outlets here, but they are awkwardly placed.
-YES, the meet is easily accessible by train.  The Metra drops you off right in downtown Western Springs.  The meet location is only a few suburban blocks away.  Very easy walk, or you can arrange to be picked up by one of us.  Not me.

IMPORTANT!!
Following the event, if anyone is interested, there is a great pub 2.5 miles away in LaGrange.  excellent beer and food selections.  I plan on going there for a burger and a beer, and I hate to drink alone, so please join me.  Yes, its all ages as well.  This can often be the best part of a meet!

http://www.palmerslagrange.com

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #2 of 163
MEET GUIDELINES

A few common sense things to point out quickly.  But I've seen ALL of this.

-Be respectful of everyones equipment!!!!
-turn the volume down as soon as you sit at a new setup.
-Please turn the volume DOWN when you walk away.
-Ask before you reconfigure or disconnect anything.  IE: phones, Dacs, etc..
-If there is a cd player, DON'T push CD player trays in.  use the open/close button.
-If there is no sound coming out for some reason, ASK.. don't just start fiddling around with buttons and settings.
-if there is very little sound, and the volume knob seems really high, there is probably a reason you don't know about.  ASK.
-Dont go looking around and changing settings on someones computer.
-Leave someones VIEW settings alone.  dont change things just because you cant figure out the navigation.  IE: foobar, itunes, jriver.  leave views alone.
-Return everything to where you got it.
-Make sure your hands are clean when messing with all gear.
-Wash your hair before you get to the meet.
-Dont smell bad.
-Dont leave Drinks on or too near any equipment.
-Be aware of how much time you spend on a setup, as there may be others waiting.  Dont assume no one else is waiting just because they are not standing behind you.
-DO NOT drive someone's gear to clipping just to see if it will.  not cool.
-Try to avoid loud conversations directly behind someone trying to listen.  that is really annoying.

There is more of course, but this is a good start.  Just pretend that every setup in the room costs a million dollars, and treat it that way.  It very well may be worth that much to its owner.

its going to be a blast.

Sincerely,
Your host.

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 163
Awe man.. just bad timing, wish I could be there but I have my nephew's birthday party to be t on this day
frown.gif

bring him

Jan 5, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #6 of 163
  I'd love to make it, but seeing as it's the weekend before CanJam NYC I doubt I'll be able to attend. We're most likely going to be running in full-on pre-CanJam mode at the office.

Hope you guys have a killer meet.

oh come on.  its one day.  

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 163
I should be able to make it! My signature is really out of date; I don't have most of that stuff anymore because I switched hobbies for a bit. But what I'll bring:

Headphones:
Modded Sennheiser HD800
Frankenphone with TH900 drivers in a different housing
Modded OPPO PM2
Modded Yamaha HP3
Master and Dynamic MH40
I'm borrowing an Elear and he said I can have them for as long as I want but I'm probably gonna want to return them by then
*reserved spot*

Amps:
Krell KSA5 Klone
Bottlehead SEX
AMB M3
Cavalli EHHA rev a

DACs:
Theta DS Pro Progeny 
EAD DSP7000

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #8 of 163
I'm in, will bring headphones and stuff.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jan 6, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #12 of 163
I'm going to try and make it, but not 100%. I live in Minneapolis, so it's 12hr round trip. 

I'll bring:
Dennis Had Fire-Bottle (amp)
Torpedo III (amp)
Master 7 with dsp upgrade (dac)
he6 (Headphone)

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #13 of 163
Short of a snowstorm (I'd be coming from Minnesota), I'll be there. I'm unsure of what gear I'll bring yet, and will update once the date gets closer. 

I'm looking forward to hearing Zach's new headphones.

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #14 of 163
There's about a 75% chance I can make it, depending on work and also weather (4 hour drive for me).  My signature is up to date, and might include an Eikon by then (altho if Zach is going there may be no point).

I can bring anything in my signature (PM or comment if particularly interested in something). But I would not like to bring everything just because, especially Gumby/Mjolnir 2 stack, but if there's interest and won't be many others of those I am happy to!

Some highlights...
HD800 SDR
HE-6 modded
AD2000
Gumby/Mjolnir 2 Stack
Onkyo DP-x1 with CA Jupiter
GOV2+ infinity 

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #15 of 163
I should be there.  I don't plan to bring anything other than maybe a Schiit Fulla 2 and my HD650s.  Maybe a LHLabs GO2A.

If someone wants to buy my Schiit Bifrost 4490 for cheap, I will bring it.  PM if interested.  And my Energy RC-10's.  And I mean really cheap for how they sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back