Chicago area Headphone Meet - Feb 6th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Jan 18, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #32 of 233
Just got off the phone with Jeff Wells. I have received his blessing to bring the Wells Audio Headtrip to the meet. So bring your orthos!

I have a few more emails to send out, but hopefully I should have a couple other pieces of TOTL gear to go with it. :wink:

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #34 of 233
Just got off the phone with Jeff Wells. I have received his blessing to bring the Wells Audio Headtrip to the meet. So bring your orthos!

I have a few more emails to send out, but hopefully I should have a couple other pieces of TOTL gear to go with it. :wink:

That is an expensive amplifier!!! Way to go.

Yeah, it's pricey... But it makes my head bob and my body move like nothing else I've ever tried. More people need to experience this thing, it's just too dang good!

Jan 19, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #35 of 233
I will be there. Hope you don't mind a young guy. I can bring a pair of M50Xs and two pairs of SHP9500s. I am looking to sell one of the SHPs. Would it be appropriate to offer that sale here?

You are welcome to join and to sell.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #36 of 233
yeah, if anyone is interested, I have my Pioneer PL-50 turntable there to sell as well.  Plus a vintage Fisher tube tuner, and some baby advent III speakers.  I sell stuff from that location so craigslist people dont come to my house.  anyone is welcome to take a look a those if they want.

Jan 19, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #37 of 233
More good news! I have received the thumbs up from Joe, and I'll be bringing the JPS Labs Abyss to the show! :D

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #40 of 233
Any chance of any of the following amps showing up?

DNA Stratus

EC Balancing Act

Allnic HPA 3000/5000

I hope to drive down from Minneapolis and the presence of either one of these, which have all shown up at past Chi-Unifi meets, will be the icing on the cake.

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #41 of 233
This sounds like a pretty interesting event, I am a student studying in Chicago, what's the best way to get to the meet from say, the Loop? (No Car), If I go, I will bring these:
- Hifiman HE-400i (Backplate-less 2.5mm, grill modded)
- AT AD900x
- Schiit Magni (if people want)
- Various IEMs

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #42 of 233
  This sounds like a pretty interesting event, I am a student studying in Chicago, what's the best way to get to the meet from say, the Loop? (No Car), If I go, I will bring these:
- Hifiman HE-400i (Backplate-less 2.5mm, grill modded)
- AT AD900x
- Schiit Magni (if people want)
- Various IEMs

The metra drops you off just down the street of the meet.  Look up the train schedule that goes to western springs.  I forgot which one it is..  You can walk to the meet from the train, or someone can pick you up.  As is written in my first post.  read it again.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #43 of 233
The Metra line is BNSF

Here is the schedule

http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/bnsf/schedule/_jcr_content/pdfLink/file.res/BNSF%20Railway%20Timetable11252015.pdf

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #44 of 233
I'm interested in attending and maybe a couple friends will join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back