Chicago area Headphone Meet - Feb 6th 2016 - ChiUniFi
Jan 15, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #16 of 233

I'd be willing to help you out, only problem is that if I can make it, I'd be leaving school the night before. Day old black dog is still pretty good though. PM me if you'd like.

what is this black dog you speak of?  if its the beer, I didnt think it was available round these parts.  is it from WI?

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 233

what is this black dog you speak of?  if its the beer, I didnt think it was available round these parts.  is it from WI?

It is BBQ.  Some of the best in these parts.  Dude from Argentina runs the joint.  I miss it quite a bit despite being in a pretty decent city for food.

Jan 15, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #19 of 233
Are we even having Chiunifi anymore without our funds and with Axpona being the preferred event for vendors?  I think we would be on 9 since 8 was the last official one.  I'd help out with a shirt if we can drive enough interest.

Jan 15, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #20 of 233
well, my goal is to raise some more funds and then do the official chiunifi 6 months opposite Axpona.  we could likely get more involvement.  I think.  Thats why the $10 fee.  

I may use some of those funds to have a head-fi lunch at axpona as well.

I agree though, with axpona, having sponsors at the meet has changed.  luckily I can get the western springs location for free at this point.

Jan 15, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #21 of 233
Personally, I am OK with having smaller local meets with just really cool local vendors like @zach915m and then doing something like an organized lunch at Axpona.  Hard to have a proper meet at Axpona since there is so much else to ogle at.  I do think that the industry has grown enough that it would take a significant budget and turn out for it to be worth the time for out of state vendors, possibly more than we can pull of with our current participation.  I still don't understand why we don't have more consistent participation with how large the Chicago metro, and neighboring Midwest cities are.

Jan 17, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #22 of 233
I'll try my best to make it. Should know for sure shortly.

If I can make it, I should be able to bring:

Hifiman HE-5LE
Miniwatt N3 with headphone adaptors
Little Dot VI (if I can get power switch fixed by then)
Aurisonic Rockets
Shure 846 (if not sold by then)
Shure KSE1500

Thought I'd leave the best for last...

Jan 17, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #23 of 233
I will plan on attending but the early February weather will make the final decision. I will bring:

Pulse Infinity w/LPS4
Pulse Blue
SSA Lycan w/v5D opamp
CA Liquid Carbon
HiFiMAN HE400i and HE560
Vero 4 pin XLR Bass Dongle

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #27 of 233
That's cool. That's what it's supposed to do. I'm just surprised we haven't heard from more people. I may have to go back to the email list and remind people this one time. I expected to hear from people like Skylab. Either a yay or nay.

Jan 17, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #28 of 233
That's cool. That's what it's supposed to do. I'm just surprised we haven't heard from more people. I may have to go back to the email list and remind people this one time. I expected to hear from people like Skylab. Either a yay or nay.

Not sure it will help but I posted in on the ChiUniFi group Facebook page and shared it in the Head-Fi Facebook page.

Jan 18, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #29 of 233
No one answered me on if they got notified from the announcement thread.

You mean this thread?

I haven't been active around here lately but I have that thread set to send email alerts and saw your post there first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back