Chicago area head fi meet 3/23
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #31 of 38
Hey guys, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it anymore :frowning2:

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #32 of 38
Last minute RSVP..

Bringing stuff 0 people asked for:
iMac w/ Audirvana+ (handful of great DSD albums to play there), BitPerfect/iTunes, & VLC for surround sound to stereo virtual shenanigans.
DAP/DAC: FiiO X5 3rd Gen w/ USB Audio Player Pro & Neutron Music Player
Amp: FiiO E12A
IEMs: FiiO F9 Pro (balanced/single-ended)

(So long as I bring an extension cord for my computer this should be okay, I hope?)

If someone has a spare DAC or other equipment and wants to connect it to the iMac for Audirvana+ I won’t stop you.

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #33 of 38
Running a little late, I'll be there by 130-145. sorry!

Mar 23, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #34 of 38
So I was able to make it to the meet an stay for about 45 minutes.
I was able to audition the following: HE-1000se, Mr. Speakers Ether 2, Mr. Speakers Aeon Closed, Audeze LCD-4z and the Abyss Diana Phi.

The HE-1000se definitely made me feel like HiFiMAN moved towards a more v-shaped sound signature.
Mr. Speakers Ether 2 was insanely light and form fitting to my head with just a tad too much clamp force by my lower jaw. I thought it had a pleasant sound signature, but it didn't seem like it was worth $2,000.
The Aeon Closed was the most comfortable headphone that I auditioned. I really liked it's sound -- it remained neutral, but engaging at the same time.
The Audeze LCD-4z was a tad too uncomfortable for me. The pads were just too stiff. However, it was the best bass that I've ever heard.
The Abyss Diana Phi was so, so in terms of comfort. I felt a weird pressure on the side of my head just above my ears and the pads didn't feel like they sealed very well. This headphone is worth $1,000 tops in my opinion.

I stayed away from the Susvara because I knew that I would probably like it too much! I wish I could have stayed longer as there were many more headphones that I could have tried out.

Thanks for setting this up F1 Audio!

Mar 23, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #35 of 38
This was so great. Thanks for hosting this!

Mar 23, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #36 of 38
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back