Chicago area head fi meet 3/23
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #17 of 38
@JamesonM - heck of a collection, looking forward to head-time with many of those cans! Did you manage to get hold of a Meze Rai Penta? Thanks again for hosting!

We tried, but the rep said Meze’s first batch isn’t for the US, so he wasn’t able to get one yet. I’ll see again if there’s anything he can do, but I don’t think we’ll have the Rai Penta yet. We’ll definitely have it in as soon as we can. I’m excited to hear it.

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #18 of 38
We tried, but the rep said Meze’s first batch isn’t for the US, so he wasn’t able to get one yet. I’ll see again if there’s anything he can do, but I don’t think we’ll have the Rai Penta yet. We’ll definitely have it in as soon as we can. I’m excited to hear it.

Thanks! Will give me an excuse to pay you another visit some time :)

Mar 21, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #19 of 38
Hi all,

I would love to attend and learn from everyone. I don’t be have any gear to bring, however, as I am still making a decision on which pair of headphones to purchase as my first.

Would it be alright if I attend this meet up and introduce myself?

Thank you
Peter

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #24 of 38
Yes bring friends I can bring my wife's hd6xx too it is a good candidate for a first can if you are interested let me know. This will be fun great gear and even better people.

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #26 of 38
Packing up now. See everyone there tomorrow.

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #27 of 38
How long does this usually go? I’m staying at McCormick Place and trying to figure out how to get up to Palatine.

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #29 of 38
How long does this usually go? I’m staying at McCormick Place and trying to figure out how to get up to Palatine.

I believe there was talk of going until 6pm? I may be mistaken though.

Your best bet is to get to the Chicago OTC and take the Metra train (UP-NW line) to Palatine, then an Uber from the Palatine station to F1 Audio. I'm farther south of you, and will be doing the same. Unfortunately I have to take my car into the shop tomorrow morning (otherwise I would've offered a ride); I'll likely only be able to get to the meet by 2:30pm or so. Hope that works!

I'll also be shooting to take the 6:25pm train from Palatine back into the city, and company would be most welcome :)

Mar 23, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #30 of 38
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back