Chicago area and other surrounding units, idea/interest in future meet?
Nov 19, 2005 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
Chicago area and other surrounding units, idea/interest in future meet?

If there is one thing I need and am actually useful on these boards its to do a meet!
To me honestly the Chicago area is dead and though a lot of people are having the kids,marriage,job time, and other reasons we should still try to get in touch with each other and have a overall relaxed and good meet.

I want this thread to be a idea thread so maybe I or someone else can use to host a future meet in the area. I also invite anyone in the Ohio area, Michigan area, Wisconsin area and
of course anywhere else to come in and give the ideas also....everyone is invited.

I have my rents business at anytime we need to have it there, I thought about hosting at a few audio shops and even a few cafes. I also thought about hosting mini meets every Sunday in January, but of course I may be going into a job change by then so not sure what I can do alone there...

any Ideas?
thank you all for reading my plea..
Billy D

Nov 19, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
I also invite anyone in the Ohio area, Michigan area, Wisconsin area and of course anywhere else to come in and give the ideas also....everyone is invited.

As it happens, I'll be an Ohio resident as of December 3rd or 4th, and Chi-town is a mere five hours away from Columbus...

You KNOW I'll be there. Just make sure the time is right.
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2005 at 8:44 AM Post #4 of 24
[size=small]
Let me know when you want to meet, and I'll see if I can swing it. I'm representing St. Louis, at least until I get a new job out of state.
biggrin.gif
I have a new portable amp, the LaroccoAudio Pocket Reference II. I may also have a new high-tier phone by meet time, but we will have wait and see on that score.
[/size]

Nov 20, 2005 at 7:22 AM Post #5 of 24
Hi all,

I'm new to head-fi and would really like to hear some of the great gear everyone talks about here. I don't have much to let others audition (except a pair of DT-770/80's -thanks SkyLab!-). I'm in Chicago and have a pretty flexible schedule so please PM me if anything solidifies. Really looking forward to it.

John.

Nov 20, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #6 of 24
Winter break between december 17 and jan 2... im free for a meet!

Nov 20, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 24
Hey! Billy's back
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You guys are still welcome to come over to my place for a mini meet in SW Michigan anytime, especially since you missed the meet I held.

(you have records and acoustical panels to pick up too)

Nov 20, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #8 of 24
I'll do my best to drag some of the Detroit mob along with for a Chicago meet...we always enjoy them.
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2005 at 8:23 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
As it happens, I'll be an Ohio resident as of December 3rd or 4th, and Chi-town is a mere five hours away from Columbus...

biggrin.gif

Did you accept a job in Columbus or is it school?

We have a decent number of meets around here, but I might be up for a road trip if you or anyone else in the area wants to go to a chicago meet.

Nov 22, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #11 of 24
Billy's in the house again! Well, since I was not able to make Todd's meet I'm in! The kids need more Beer Nuts and milk!
biggrin.gif

Regards - reynman

Nov 22, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #12 of 24
Well most of the replys seem to put the date around early December. with Christmas being busy and all I think it would be lighter to date it the second weekend of December. I was talking to a few boys yesterday and it seems we may be having it at a speacil place this year..until I talk to the man I will not say much more...

I also am going to shoot for a mini meet, infact if everyone comes that replyed here and also a few more people that still can be a mini meet.

My point is to get this area going again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its truely the best thing about headfi, which is hanging out with all of you guys for a day...almost a vacation affect to me..I like that

Nov 22, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie

biggrin.gif

Strohmie ..... Columbus
cool.gif
.... that is only 35 miles from me. You will have to make a trip over sometime.

Nov 24, 2005 at 8:25 AM Post #15 of 24
I would be so down with a Chi town meet. I live in Madison goin to UW. I would drive down for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back