Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014
Nov 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #153 of 167
I know I am super late on this, but I should be coming -- I can't view the list of gear being brought along (we block Google Drive/Dropbox, etc here at work), would someone do me a huge solid and just throw it into a PDF so i can make sure I won't be bringing a bunch of redundant gear? I would love you long time.

P.S. If anyone is interested in Beyer T1s, I am markign them as "For Trade" as they simply don't fit my head right, despite sounding excellent. Just picked them up at the summer ChiUniFi, pretty bummed.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #154 of 167
I know I am super late on this, but I should be coming -- I can't view the list of gear being brought along (we block Google Drive/Dropbox, etc here at work), would someone do me a huge solid and just throw it into a PDF so i can make sure I won't be bringing a bunch of redundant gear? I would love you long time.

P.S. If anyone is interested in Beyer T1s, I am markign them as "For Trade" as they simply don't fit my head right, despite sounding excellent. Just picked them up at the summer ChiUniFi, pretty bummed.

I can't post an attachment here, but I can email it to you if you would like. Just pm me your email. If you post a list of what you plan to bring, I'll add it to the list for you

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #155 of 167
Sub, you've got mail: PDF.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #156 of 167

yes thats right.  its a large stone building in the middle of the burbs.  you can't miss it.  here is a shot on the corner of grand and chestnut.  parking lot around the back.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #157 of 167
  Does this look like the right place? I don't have any context for this part of town and the building itself isn't obvious on the map. 

see above post.

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #159 of 167
I am planning to sell my Ragnarok. If anyone attending the meet tomorrow is interested please PM me.

We're you going to bring it for listening still?

If someone wants to buy my Bottlehead S.E.X. at the meet, then I could give you a better idea of my interest :)

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #160 of 167
We're you going to bring it for listening still?

If someone wants to buy my Bottlehead S.E.X. at the meet, then I could give you a better idea of my interest
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, will be at the meet. Planning to set up the GS-X mk2 alongside for A\B testing. I can't tell the difference, I need someone else to tell me how one is better than the other.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #162 of 167
Not sure if anyone would be interested, but I have a like-new pair of DT990 PROs that I will bring tomorrow that I will consider selling or trading. 

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #163 of 167
What's the situation on power? Do we need more surge strips? I'm going to be pretty minimal in what I bring since it seems like most of what I had planned on toting along will already be there for others to try. I won't bring the Senn 598s unless someone specifically wants to try them, as someone at the last meet was not very careful with the volume on my Vali and damaged a driver.

So, tentatively:

-Macbook (Audirvana Plus) w/external HDD full of music
-iFi Nano iDSD
-Schiit Vali
-Grado SR80i (shipped with 'e' drivers before official changeover), modded

I'll also bring a camera along so that we don't have a thread recap full of images taken by potatoes. Probably be showing up a little late, been up since 0330 since one of our datacenters halfway around the world is staffed with the most inept techs in existence.

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #164 of 167
Hello all. I unfortunately won't be able to make the meet today as a situation at work required I be there. Next time for sure!

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #165 of 167
Thanks to Keith for setting this up, and for all who came and share their gear.  Great to hear the Ragnarok and other gear I have had my eyes one.  Always fun to see you guys in real life.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back