Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014
Sep 20, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #18 of 167
This is their desktop fully balanced version with FEMTO chipset and separate linear power supply. They are not yet for sale as they at finalizing the designs but hope to ship in late October.

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #21 of 167
I plan to be there barring any unforseen emergencies.

I will be bringing my modded (upgraded?) Bottlehead S.E.X. 2.1 since I FINALLY rebuilt it without magic smoke being released. It will be configured for balanced output for now. Like Steve, if a Pulse is in hand by then (doubtful), I will bring it, otherwise I will likely have a cDAC+ and my Win 8.1 tablet. Balanced HD650s and possibly balanced Anax'd HD800s if I haven't sold them by then.

I will also bring a case of bottled water and will chip in for snacks if needed.

Thank you, Keith for getting the ball rolling.

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #22 of 167
I would love to make it there but it kind of depends on if I can get home from school for the weekend. If I can I may bring some of my stuff depending on the limitations of the bus I would take. If I do bring stuff it would be some or all of this list: RHA MA750, ATH-M50, LCD 2, and/or Aune T1.

I would love to try out a Lyr 2/Uberfrost Schiit stack if anyone has one available to bring. Trying to figure out what would be best for my LCD 2 around that range, so if anyone has something else that they think is awesome (for the LCD 2) I would love to try it.

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #23 of 167
I plan to be there barring any unforseen emergencies.

I will be bringing my modded (upgraded?) Bottlehead S.E.X. 2.1 since I FINALLY rebuilt it without magic smoke being released. It will be configured for balanced output for now. Like Steve, if a Pulse is in hand by then (doubtful), I will bring it, otherwise I will likely have a cDAC+ and my Win 8.1 tablet. Balanced HD650s and possibly balanced Anax'd HD800s if I haven't sold them by then.

I will also bring a case of bottled water and will chip in for snacks if needed.

Thank you, Keith for getting the ball rolling.
Your getting rid of the 800 for the 650? Interesting.

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #24 of 167
Oh, and I would also really love to try out Mad Dogs and/or Alpha Dogs if anyone has those. I'd love to try out some better quality closed headphones that could potentially replace my M50s in the future.

Sep 22, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #26 of 167
I should be able to bring MadDogs, unless I can't resist, upgrading to Alpha between now and then.

I would definitely appreciate one or both of those being there! 

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #29 of 167
I'm going to try to finish up a new version of my Fragglepants T50RP based headphones and bring them. They probably won't sound good, but they will be pretty :)

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #30 of 167
Your getting rid of the 800 for the 650? Interesting.

Not quite directly, but the 650 is good enough for now until I find the "perfect for me" flagship. Been listening to the 800s less and less recently for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back