Chi-Uni-Fi 7 June 22nd 2013 Chicago headphone event interest check
Mar 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #46 of 73
Most likely I will be attending. I will be bringing a Rega DAC and Audiophilleo / PurePower combo. Let me know if there is interest in hearing this setup, I don't yet have a headphone amp, so would need to use this with someones headphone amp setup.

May 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #52 of 73
Quote:
Most likely I will be attending. I will be bringing a Rega DAC and Audiophilleo / PurePower combo. Let me know if there is interest in hearing this setup, I don't yet have a headphone amp, so would need to use this with someones headphone amp setup.

yes! 

May 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #53 of 73
ill be there this year (i hope!)

May 5, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #54 of 73
Does anyone have a notebook with firewire?

Quote:

If no one has a laptop with firewire, then you can use mine. I have a Schiit Asgard amp.

May 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #55 of 73
i think mine does. only use the firewire to connect my hard drive though (though a dock thingy)

May 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #56 of 73
I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24. Awesome firewire audio interface.

On second thought I've decided against bringing it. I'd have to install drivers and software onto someone's laptop which I don't want to do unless someone wants to audition them.

I'm bringing my Schiit Asgard, K701, Denon D2000, and Senn HD600. Still haven't finished my M^3 amp...

Edit: I forgot about the other inputs from Saffire. It accepts Optical or SPDIF.

May 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #57 of 73
Is it time to start compiling a list of gear that will be on hand?  

I'd like to bring my Bottlehead S.E.X. amp and my HD800's.  I am currently in a non-ideal DAC situation so I am not sure what will happen on that front.  I will also bring my CEntrance HifiM8 if I have received mine by then.

May 6, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #58 of 73
Quote:

Quote:
Is it time to start compiling a list of gear that will be on hand?  

I'd like to bring my Bottlehead S.E.X. amp and my HD800's.  I am currently in a non-ideal DAC situation so I am not sure what will happen on that front.  I will also bring my CEntrance HifiM8 if I have received mine by then.

The quote post above yours is the official group meet up and you should pro post what you are bring in that one.

May 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #60 of 73
Looking to come up from St. Louis to check this out.  I haven't had the chance to demo some of the higher-end enthusiast headphones and this looks like a wonderful opportunity to do so.  Hope to find a pair of HE-400's or HE-500's.  My only regret is that I've nothing to bring except my enthusiasm(though I hear there is a raffle, I'll gladly put in for that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back