Chemistry Major, Where to look for jobs?
Jan 23, 2012 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys, 

my brother is going to graduate next semester. He is a chemistry major with Math minor. All this time, his work experience is working at school as a lab assistant. He is Temple graduate, honors program with pretty good grade. He's willing to go phd but he wants to get 1-2 years experience at the private corporation. Being a business graduate myself, I'm not familiar looking for jobs for science graduate. So beside job posting at school and applying directly at company's website, Any other suggestion for finding an entry level jobs for chemistry graduate?

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 3
My best advice is to find an internship. Since the job market is so tight, employers aren't always willing to full on hire the untested.

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 3
Abbot Laboratories might be a good spot for you. I've had a couple friends wind up with jobs there. Also, having a minor in math is nice too which demonstrates that you have true analytical thinking. I'm assuming you've taken plenty of proof oriented courses. Also, see if the Applied Physics Laboratory at Johns Hopkins provides internships. They also have jobs for recent grads, but the APL can be quite a mystery. You'll work on small projects that contribute to something classified that you'll never see. They do a lot of defense research with DARPA. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back