CHEESEPHONES???
Nov 13, 2001 at 6:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

chewmanji

100+ Head-Fier
i was just going through the koss website when i encountered these phones...

smallfeature_cheese.jpg

Cheesephones

Hold the cheese and plug into the Koss Cheese headphones. Under the detachable foam cheese wedge is a pair of Koss KSC19 Stereophones that clips around the ear for a secure, lightweight fit when you're on the go. An efficient, dynamic element delivers impressive bass from such a small stereophone.

$24.99

cheesephones specifications
Frequency Response 20-20,000 Hz
Cord Straight, Dual Entry, 4ft
Plug 3.5 mm
Impedance 16 ohms
Weight 0.6 oz.
Sensitivity 98 dB SPL/1mW
Distortion <1.0%
Ear cushions open

sorry to have to do this to everyone, but i couldn't resist posting this. i don't know what to say about this....but what the hell is koss doing????

Nov 13, 2001 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 12
HAHA, i remember reading about those on the older thread.

Nov 13, 2001 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by chewmanji
smallfeature_cheese.jpg

Cheesephones
sorry to have to do this to everyone, but i couldn't resist posting this. i don't know what to say about this....but what the hell is koss doing????

I guess you have to be from Wisconsin to understand such things.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

They look almost as klassy as my K1000's
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2001 at 2:20 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

They look dumb though

That is the whole point! Do you think anyone would wear them for style? They certainly are not haute-couture. They are really funny though, and I would buy them, if only to run around making people laugh. I saw them before, and I was going to post it, but I searched, and sure enough, someone had already claimed the glory of my find. Oh well.

Nov 13, 2001 at 2:34 PM Post #8 of 12
This is a call to all Cheeseheads! Where's your team Spirit? Ra-ra!
smily_headphones1.gif
I wonder if they go BooM?

Nov 13, 2001 at 5:35 PM Post #9 of 12
Actually, I have heard that the cheese backing provides an acoustic block which tightens the bass response of the KSC19 . Providing that one incorporates the new cracker mod, the sound of these phones is said to be incredible and might possibly become the new standard in snack time listening.

Nov 13, 2001 at 8:28 PM Post #10 of 12
Only problem is you have to replace the pads quite often... I mean, they get all moldy, and the sound gets fuzzy, and it's just a bad situation. Of course, since only the top layer gets moldy, you can always use something like, oh I dunno, a butter knife, to cut a new fresh layer.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 14, 2001 at 3:45 AM Post #11 of 12
reeeeeeeeeeeealy funny!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back