Check this out... It's the Rio Riot...
Jan 9, 2002 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 4
It looks like a portable video game player... kind of like the old sega game gear. I wonder if thats just a bad picture or if its really as big as it looks.
confused.gif

Anyway, I had some bad experiences with Diamond products and I'm not in much of a hurry to buy another one.

Jan 10, 2002 at 1:20 AM Post #3 of 4
This player doesn't look all that bad IMO, although not nearly as sleek as the iPod or the Treo 10. Still, with the right features and that nice 20 gig HD, it could be a pretty decent player.

Jan 10, 2002 at 7:54 AM Post #4 of 4
For 400 dollars, I dunno. I kinda like the screen, but that detail might help drain batteries, but what do I know?

Well, the PJB is about 440$ for the 20GB version. The LCD is backlit and selected items have enlarged fonts. From what I hear it has a 50mW per channel amp. Nezer loves the thing.

If this riot has a decent headphone amp (well, i've ordered a JMT so as long as the headphone or line-out is clean), if it has the 10 hrs of battery life, and if price is better in retail outlets, I'll definitely get one.

But they're not shipping until "LATE FEBRUARY." That's a slight inconvenience for me, since I want/need an HDD MP3 player now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back