Check out 2004 iRiver roadmap
Jan 7, 2004 at 10:11 AM Post #16 of 32
yeah i dont get colour screens, or PVPs either.

I can just see the amount of accidents that they would cause with people using them whilst walking along!

Jan 7, 2004 at 1:34 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by AndyD2k
Won't the color screen for the IHP kill the battery??? Seems pretty pointless to me for a mp3 player anyway. Nice Looking player though

It depends on the screen, on my blackberry with a colour screen, I get exactly the same battery life as I did on a mono one, its only the pda screens with a permanent backlight that really eat up battery life.

While it may seem fairly pointless, I think its like with mobile phones, it doesn't harm things like battery life, add to the cost or put people off a player so they may as well include it since some people will like it. They'll probably work out some use for it after they have actually sold it to you.
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2004 at 2:44 PM Post #18 of 32
Color isn't necessarily pointless. If used properly, color coding can present you with more information in the same space.

Also, I know from my work on WinCE devices that color screens cost more, but don't necessarily take more juice to power.

Jan 7, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #19 of 32
My attention was attracted by the CD-players. The iMP-1000 looks very nice (although it might bring womens panties in mind to someone
smily_headphones1.gif
), but I'm disappointed with the features. A portable video player... What for? What screen do I hook it up to? And also no Ogg or other minor codec support... Hmm...
Same goes for the iMP-1100. Who would want to watch a movie on a tiny screen like that?
iMP-900 - aaargh... What's that design? It surely doesn't look nice on the pictures. Who knows, maybe in reality it will look better. But 100 hrs battery life? Wow! Together with the 13.7 mm thickness it still seems pretty interesting!
iMP-450 - a blue version of the iMP-400. Very nice, but I think red is more cool. And 50 hrs battery life? What was the battery life of iMP-400? I can't remembre now...
The iMP-700 also has some impressive battery life. For a low price it could be a great alternative for the customers seeking low-end Sony or Panasonic players.
The HD players look very impressive, but I don't want to see the prices when they will come out. What, $500 or more for one of those 40 GB players with a color screen. That's my guess. Insane!
But I'm really hoping the arrival of the new product on the market will push down the prices of the older players, especially the iHP-100/120, iMP-400/550.

Jan 7, 2004 at 6:07 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

well... archos just lost any edge they may have had.

How so? Archos is selling their video products for over a year, and their all-in-one is on sale since summer and it looks better than any of the models above - which aren't even for sale yet.

Jan 7, 2004 at 11:59 PM Post #21 of 32
Ewwwww. Some iRiver Club (Korean site I believe) just posted some new pictures of that same
event, and some pictures show the new designs for the remotes iRiver came up with.. I'll let the
pictures speak for themselves :

b11.jpg

b19.jpg

Actually, I'll talk too
wink.gif
NO MORE LCD ON THE iHP REMOTE?! The PMP & iMP-1100 seem to be using the same remote
the new iHP-300 uses. Also, the iMP-450 will be using the same remote the iMP-400 is currently using
(I don't see any big differences between iMP-400 and 450 TBH, except battery life improvement & the
lid color...). And then they designed another remote for the iMP-1000 & iMP-900 (piano design one..!).

I just hope the iHP-120's price will drop. That will only mean good things!
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #25 of 32
it looks like the only ones without an LCD on the remotes are the color screen players. that makes sense as TWO color screen would kill battery.

Jan 8, 2004 at 11:31 PM Post #27 of 32
I really take my hat off to iRiver, what an amazingly brave collection of new gear. Even if some of it does not pan out to be all it's hyped up to be (don't know yet), you have to admire their commitment to innovation. come on other co's & get your thinking/design folk revved up.

I love all this new gear coming down the pike, though it does cause some pain in the financial area. Not to worry, I shall convince myself that I really NEED a little sampling of it.

Jan 9, 2004 at 3:04 AM Post #28 of 32
I myself love the iHP-300. The idea of a color screen on an MP3 player is just DROOL... I guess I'm one of the few who would go for the wow factor. As long as the audio quality isn't any worse than the iHP-140 (or -120, or whatever...) I'm happy.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Jan 9, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by Stephonovich
I myself love the iHP-300. The idea of a color screen on an MP3 player is just DROOL... I guess I'm one of the few who would go for the wow factor. As long as the audio quality isn't any worse than the iHP-140 (or -120, or whatever...) I'm happy.

yah, i agree and they claim they can still keep the same battery life...doubt it, but if they could, wowzers.

Jan 9, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #30 of 32
I know on cell phones, the color screens suck power much faster than the grayscale ones. At least the earlier ones did; perhaps they've advanced in technology since then. But in any case, I'm not likely to need 15 hours of battery life, and DANG, it looks cool! I can imagine my friend's face when he sees this... he's a complete gadget freak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back