09.jpg

15.jpg

13.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Jan 6, 2004 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by AndyD2k
Won't the color screen for the IHP kill the battery??? Seems pretty pointless to me for a mp3 player anyway. Nice Looking player though

Im sure it'll kill more than a normal monochrome screen, but if you think about it, the Archos MMJB has a color screen and it gets the same battery life as the iPod, maybe an hour less. Not to mention that Iriver products usually have impressive battery life.

Jan 6, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Won't the color screen for the IHP kill the battery??? Seems pretty pointless to me for a mp3 player anyway. Nice Looking player though

ya i can't figure it out either. color music player, no video support. um, what's the point??

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by mkawa
if you follow the link, it's quoted as having 16hr battery life, same as ihp-120/140

Yeah but that's at optimal settings. There are always some sacrifices you have to make in order to get that quoted 16hrs.

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by e-r0ck
Im sure it'll kill more than a normal monochrome screen, but if you think about it, the Archos MMJB has a color screen and it gets the same battery life as the iPod, maybe an hour less. Not to mention that Iriver products usually have impressive battery life.

You mean as the 3G Ipod?? I rather have a taller screen than a color one if that's the case. There is no point to it for a mp3 player besides the "wow" factor.

Jan 6, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Yeah but that's at optimal settings. There are always some sacrifices you have to make in order to get that quoted 16hrs.

if we assume that the sacrifices are the same as were used to estimate ihp-120 battery life then we can guess that total power draw hasn't changed much

Jan 6, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #12 of 32
woah im stunned.... too bad i already spent all my monies on an iHP-120... hopefully these wont come out for a while so i wont feel so below cutting edge... It seems that this year the PMC is a big thing. but what we really need is some better power solutions like fuel cells because i highly doubt most of these players will get the advertised battery life with all their fancy features

Jan 6, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #13 of 32
search_track_300.jpg

=

15.jpg

Honestly, the thing that excites me the most is that Iriver actually decided to improve on their flash player even further !! I'm looking forward to a feature stuffed player approaching the capacity low-end HD players for a decent price.

Jan 7, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #14 of 32
bah, those look terrible. they're too stylized. I prefer the old simplistic iriver players
smily_headphones1.gif
and jeepers, seems like everyone is jumping on the portable video player bandwagon, as if anyone would really want to watch a movie on a tiny screen while on a bumpy train all the while paying more $$ for it and losing battery life.

Jan 7, 2004 at 6:12 AM Post #15 of 32
damn, every one of those looks ass ugly IMO. and who gives a **** about a color screen, draining battery life and 2 inches so some guy can watch the matrix..dont understand that logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back