cheapo IEM
Jul 15, 2008 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

tipsy31191

New Head-Fier
my skull candy inkd just broke and im looking for replacement IEM.
Basically as the IEM guide thats stickied put it, i esentially want earbuds that are IEM. I have shure e2c for long trips where i don't need to pay attention, but they provide too much isolation for everyday use. I also have sony mdr-v6 for my home rig, so my question is, what is the best pair of IEM under $25 that provide a little isolation, but you can still hear certain things (if i can't understand somebody talking, thats okay, but i need to be able to hear cars and such) I thought the skull candy did a good job on the level of isolation. The reason i need IEM is because earbuds dont stay in my ear

tl;dr: Under $25, a little bit of isolation, quality w/e

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 18
Honestly, i'd get another pair of the Skullcandys. I also have the Ink'd and I LOVE them!!

Usually they can be found for a reasonable price. Another good option is the JVC Marshmallows. The only difference is the JVCs use foam eartips instead of sillicone. (I personally like the sillicone tips from the Skullcandys better.) There's also the JVC Air Cushions which use sillicone ear sleeves.

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 18
From your description I think you need Canalphones and not IEMS

The most obvious candidates are the Creative EP-630 or the JVC Marshmallows. Neither is the last word in hi-fidelty reprodiction but they are both great knockabout phones for commuting etc. The are cheap too, so you could buy both and see which you prefer!

Simon

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #4 of 18
Sennheiser CX300 from newegg. There's a $15 rebate on these babies which requires you to mail in your old/broken ear/headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 18
i spoke too quickly. found the rebate.

How is the isolation on Sennheiser CX300
(the rebate says original UPC code, is that from the old pair you're turning in or the Sennheiser pair)

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #8 of 18
You should be careful about the Senns - look into them some more. I may be completely wrong here, but I have heard that there are millions of fake Sennheisers available on the internet, and $15 seems way too little to pay for $75+ IEMs.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj_brown_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should be careful about the Senns - look into them some more. I may be completely wrong here, but I have heard that there are millions of fake Sennheisers available on the internet, and $15 seems way too little to pay for $75+ IEMs.

correct. i would search the net for cx300 fakes to educate yourself on the differences between the impostors and the real deal if you are considering the cx300. otherwise, try the marshmallows. i own both and the jvc's get more use for sure.

Jul 16, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj_brown_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Newegg is a very reputable online store, so I don't think they'd sell fakes
smily_headphones1.gif
Someone on another forum mentioned that Newegg was trying to clear their inventory in anticipation of Sennheisers new IEM lineup.

Scroll down 3/4 of the way and you'll see a Sennheiser representative(?) mention Newegg as an authorized dealer.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f38/th...39/index6.html

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #12 of 18
The CX300 Newegg has are definitely the real deal, I would honestly stake my life on it.

The one thing though that David21 left out is that you need to already be a member of their mailing list for the promo code to work. That being said you can still have them for $35 with a trade in of some old headphones, (go to your local cvs or similar and buy the 2.99 pair if you don't have something to trade in), or $50 and not go through that hassle.

If you are on the list then it is $15 off the $50 they are asking and a $15 rebate for an old pair, so the total would be $20, and the s&h is free. I'm thinking of getting a pair my self while I have my SE530 repaired by Shure.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by david21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't aware of any promo code. It's listed at $29.99 sale price for everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry about that, I was going from these that were in a promo email I received this morning Newegg.com - SENNHEISER CX300S 3.5mm Connector Canal Headphone

I'm not exactly sure what the difference is between a CX300B and a CX300S, but that is what I based my comments from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back