Cheapo iem with excellent isolation?
Aug 6, 2018 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

shrimants

1000+ Head-Fier
Need a cheapo iem (less then a hundred bucks) with excellent isolation. I'm using these for audiobooks while doing lawn work and when I'm sleeping or working out. Sound quality or even sound characteristics is not at all a concern.

I'll be using comply tips exclusively as the silicon bud tips don't work well with my ears due to pressure and slipping out. I'm not a fan of deep insertion of triple flange, as it starts to hurt my ears quite a bit.

Considering etymotic. Not sure if hf5 has better isolation than their lower end models.

The audiobooks are of horrendous sound quality so I really don't give a crap what these earbuds sound like as long as they'll drown out a lawnmower or a vacuum cleaner.

Currently I have mee M6 and they are SO FREAKING BAD. they're going immediately in the trash once I get something to replace them.

Aug 6, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Maybe read about a ZS10 and see what you think. I personally find the isolation to be pretty darn good. They are also fairly comfortable. Another option is the iBasso IT01, which has excellent isolation IMO. And again, very comfortable. Just some thoughts.

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 5
Well, if you are not concerning about sound and just noise isolation, i believe you should try out the shure. I had the se215 before, i don't like the sound of it, but i used them simply because they provide a very impressive noise isolation (even better than my sennheiser pxc550 wireless, which supposed to be a active noise isolating headphone, when using the comply tips)

Aug 7, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #5 of 5
i was hesitant about the shures because i keep seeing posts about the nozzles cracking. I might give those a shot in the future.

For now i ended up biting the bullet and going over my initial budget to HF5's. phenomenal isolation, horrifically bad bass, but for audiobooks i really dont care.

I used to have a pair before. They managed to survive a motorcycle accident. I used them pretty much all the time including sleeping, so i think i should be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back