Cheapo headphones with excellent head bands?
Dec 22, 2010 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

morph2k4

100+ Head-Fier

[size=medium]
I currently own some denon d-2000 and some vinyl banded grados.  Suffice it to say, both headbands are terrible.  Has anyone had any luck transplanting alternate headbands onto a set of cans?  The connections are pretty minimal, so I think it would be easy given a good, cheaply available headband.  

Can anyone recommend a good set of throwaway phones that I could buy to steal a headband from?  Any companies that sell replacement headbands direct would also be useful.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  I'd be willing to spend upwards of 40 dollars on a good headband replacement, and I know there are quite a few headphones in that market segment.

And yes, I have already tried adding beyer pads to existing headbands.  Not good enough :)
[/size]

Dec 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 4
Sony MDR-XD100 has a very light and (in my opinion) comfortable headband. They can be had for $15 new on Amazon and probably even cheaper used

Dec 23, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 4
Well, what are you looking for? This is an attractive alternative for the Grados. And it would be pretty hard to transplant headbands anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back