Cheapo buds/IEMs query
Sep 15, 2009 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sparky191

Headphoneus Supremus
Incidentally why is this thread not in this forum?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ear...-cm700-371235/

While the CX300/PX100 get good reviews in general I find them too bassy, and I've stopped using mine. Which makes me always question reviews that hold them up as benchmark for the budget challenged like myself. I listen to almost everything, Hard Rock, Dance, Classical, but I like to be able hear everything, especially the guitars and strings not just mega booming bass. I find a lot of new gear destroys classic rock especially with the way they are EQ'ed.

Until recently I stuck to my EX82's that came with my A818 or my old MX500/400's. However almost all mine have broken now, and I'm don't to my last pair of MX500's, but I miss the EX82's. I've a few sets of Apple Buds but no foamies for them? (where do you buy foamies in the EU?) Local prices for earphones are a bit nuts, so I'm looking for something I can get online to the EU. Sony seem to have a dropped the EX90's andEX82's and I have no idea what the new ranges are like. Also they stick out a lot which is a bit awkward.

Currently I think I'd like something along the lines of O/PK2, EX90, MDR-E888 (can you still get these), or the Denon C551. I'll probably be getting a new Touch/S639/X-Series soonish too.

Sep 15, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 4
Here's another great comparison review if you're looking for earbuds: Earbuds Round-Up - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Incidentally why is this thread not in this forum?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ear...-cm700-371235/

I believe kostalex's review is still in the Full Size forum because he made the thread before the Full Size / Portable Forum split. Since then, his thread has been bumped, but it seems to have gone unnoticed by the moderators.

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 4
I like the C551s, but they're not the most detailed things in the world; they'll remind you of your Senns.

For about the same price, you can get a pair Etymotic 6i's. The clarity of this unit is notorious, and unrivaled at that price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back