Cheapest vs Most Secure way to ship to China?
Apr 6, 2008 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

NoPants

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I figured this was the place to pose my question. My Darkvoice 337 is pretty much officially busted in the left channel, and I was wondering if anyone knew the costs of sending something on the order of 30 lbs to zhejiang 315012 to china. I got a quote from 140$ usps to 500$ ups, so I'm at a loss as to what may be the best way to do this. Thanks for your time!

Andrew

Apr 6, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 9
500 from UPS? Are you sending it overnight? I have been using USPS but then I have been shipping pretty light items. That is a tough one as other services that cost less can be really slow. There are other carriers to try though. DHL?

Apr 6, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the tip, but I checked the online calculator for DHL and I got 410$...is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm inputting 35 lbs, around 13 x 9 x 11 in. I understand this is a large package, but this is comparable to what I paid for the 337 in the first place haha

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #5 of 9
Check out EMS. Most items I bought shiped through EMS..

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPants /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

I figured this was the place to pose my question. My Darkvoice 337 is pretty much officially busted in the left channel, and I was wondering if anyone knew the costs of sending something on the order of 30 lbs to zhejiang 315012 to china. I got a quote from 140$ usps to 500$ ups, so I'm at a loss as to what may be the best way to do this. Thanks for your time!

Andrew

Maybe the offer to take a look at it is worth taking up. There isn't that much to a tube amp. If the right channel is working then you know the all important transformer is good. It sound like a cap, cold solder or a resistor that went out maybe as a tube did. You have tried new tubes and switched tubes in the sockets?

Apr 7, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #7 of 9
It's slightly more complicated with this amp, because there are two separate power transformers. The 337 is basically two monoblocks in one case, so just because the right channel works, doesn't mean any part of left channel is functioning.

Apr 7, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 9
Ah, I see. Well some measurements are in order, which is easy to do. Check for some opens in the transformer and go from there. Still not that difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back