Cheapest place to buy HD800 in Europe??
Jun 9, 2009 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kaushama

Headphoneus Supremus
I know many people have bought it. Any place cheap than MRSP??

Jun 9, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In Europe you mean? Theoretically, they aren't there yet in Europe...it can be possible some got them, but not many for sure.
ph34r.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Any place cheap than MRSP??

No

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

China. There are huge piles of HD800 waiting... waiting for the price go up in Europe.

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by miscreant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
China. There are huge piles of HD800 waiting... waiting for the price go up in Europe.

+21 will not be long before ebay is crawling with them.
You never know they might sound better and sell for 1/10th the price.

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by technetium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At sennheiser... plus you get a nice box when you other at them directly

Where? How?

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oublie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SENNHEISER HEADPHONES HD 800

add vat

There's something I probably dont get, because it seems pretty cheap to me. If I'm correct VAT in GB is 17.5%, rate change GBP/EUR is approximaterly 1.16, so that would make price of 856 eur. Is this site trustable ? Did I miss something ?

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #12 of 16
UK VAT is 15% at the moment

That's very low, good if it is true (don't know anything about them), but not sure they actually have stock. Probably worth checking are they bind by the contract if you make an order with them i.e. they can't cancel and have to deliver even if they made mistake....

Jun 11, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #13 of 16
15 % VAT ? That makes the final price at 838 eur / 720 gbp. Seems strange, I thought Sennheiser had a strict price policy on the HD 800.
If anybody has experience with this store...

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oublie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SENNHEISER HEADPHONES HD 800

add vat

That dealer is a pro-audio dealer and are not an HD 800 dealer - it should be removed from their website shortly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UK VAT is 15% at the moment

That's very low, good if it is true (don't know anything about them), but not sure they actually have stock. Probably worth checking are they bind by the contract if you make an order with them i.e. they can't cancel and have to deliver even if they made mistake....

They have not signed the contract and won't get them - the only way they can supply is to buy them from another retailer at full recommended retail price and sell them at a loss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
15 % VAT ? That makes the final price at 838 eur / 720 gbp. Seems strange, I thought Sennheiser had a strict price policy on the HD 800.
If anybody has experience with this store...

Sennheiser does have a strict policy.

Actually, that store is very good - they are an excellent pro-audio dealer. So don't be put off from buying other stuff from them.

Being on their website is a mistake - probably someone just went through the price list and put it on the site without realising the special agreement for the HD 800 - it should be removed very soon. They will not be able to supply the HD 800.

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #15 of 16
End of March I preordered an HD800 from musicstore.de.

Yesterday I asked them to contact Sennheiser Germany to confirm that they were eligible to receive the HD800. They discovered that only "specific high end shops" would receive them and subsequently cancelled my order.
frown.gif

In other news, Sennheiser Nordic told me that according to their information the HD800 will be released in about a week or so. However, they still don't know which retailers will be eligible to sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back