Cheapest online website to buy W3's?
Jan 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

thechungster

1000+ Head-Fier
Seeing all these reviews about the Westone 3 being better than the SE530's really have changed my mind. However, they seem to be less common on websites I usually go on, play.com and Amazon.co.uk. Does anyone know a reliable, cheap online dealer that delivers to the UK for free, or at a low price?

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing all these reviews about the Westone 3 being better than the SE530's really have changed my mind. However, they seem to be
less common on websites I usually go on, play.com and Amazon.co.uk. Does anyone know a reliable, cheap online dealer that delivers to the UK for free, or at a low price?

You won't find them at Amazon.co.uk or Play.com, since they're not Westone dealers. And they're not going to be cheap, wherever you get them from! You can maybe try PJBOX, they seem to be selling them at £303 at the moment, but I don't know if they offer free shipping.

PJBOX UK :: MP3 Players and Accessories :: Westone 3 True-fit Earphones

If you buy them from earphonesolutions or marcopoloca (both authorised Westone dealers), you can get free shipping to the UK, but... the exchange rate still makes them around £308, and that's assuming they get through without any charges.

EDIT: PJBOX are based in Cornwall, so if they charge for shipping, I imagine it would cost around £10 for Special Delivery, but that's just a guess
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 16
Jan 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 16
£303?! Ouch. I only have £200, and that's enough for the Shures.
biggrin.gif
Hmm, might go into Leicester Hi-fi to check if they have some demos I could test out
tongue.gif
I don't particulary like the looks of the W3's though :/ Hard decision for me :/

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 16
Umm, I think you should stick around in the FS forum, sometimes people might sell them cheap and ship world wide~

I couldn't find any w3 authorized dealers selling them less than $399, but mine was from "the head room" local westone authorized store. Still $399 though but immediate shipping ^ ^

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 16
Westone is dictating the price their authorized dealer can sell them for. So even when the supply catches up with the demand, I don't think its retail price will drop anywhere close to the UM2.

edit: I believe Shure dictates the prices of their IEMs as well to their authorized dealers.

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #13 of 16
I bought a shure SE530 recently from an authorized dealer for $270, its a gift to my cousin...I really really never believed that I can get one for that price with a 2 years warrantee ^ ^

But myself I use Westone 3, its more expensive, but think about the demand and resell value hey, you wont lose a lot. and the demand will probably stay up there for years. thats how IEM differs with Cellphone.

I like Westone because they are like Grado, Price is pretty much fixed no matter what happens to economy.

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Resale value is really hard to figure out. Most of the time it is dictated by the seller's motivation.

I know, but just like Grado, if the market price for brand new does not fall, then it retains its resell value, (rare occasion happens when someone need emergent money and sell their headphones cheap, but most of the time, there is a main stream for used headphones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back