Cheapest online prices for Westone 3?
Dec 18, 2009 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

kevin828

New Head-Fier
I realize there may be a thread for this discussion somewhere in this forum. Thus, If you know one of those, It will be appreciated if you could link it.

After reading lots of reviews and impressions, I believe westone 3 is the IEM I am looking for. TF10 is my current IEM. Do not like its mid very much, thin and dry. I listen to a lot of vocals, clearly, TF 10 can not fully satisfy my needs.

Anyway, I wanna buy a pair of westone 3 from a trusted online dealer (IN US). So far, the cheapest price I could find is $379.95 from earplugstore.com. However, according to the posts I have read, people was able to get W3 for under $300 from authorized deals. Please help me out to find a cheap W3 as a Christmas gift to myself. At the same time, if there is any trusted ebay sellers out there, please let me know. I do not wanna buy a FAKE from ebay.

Best,
Kevin

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 15
Have you heard the 3's yet? The mids are good not recessed but with the midbass spike and other fun sound its not as present as the um3x. If you listen to lots of vocals etc. the um3x might be a better alternative for you. Just my opinion.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you heard the 3's yet? The mids are good not recessed but with the midbass spike and other fun sound its not as present as the um3x. If you listen to lots of vocals etc. the um3x might be a better alternative for you. Just my opinion.

Never had the chance to hear UM3X, but did compare W3 and Shure SE530. Like W3's sound more.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never had the chance to hear UM3X, but did compare W3 and Shure SE530. Like W3's sound more.

I prefer the W3 to the UM3X, assuming you are willing to experiment with tips for the W3. They can be picky about fit. I have custom molded tips, which many people feel brings the W3's up a level. You might try them with various universal tips and then ponder getting the UM56 custom tips.

Road Dog Online has the best price I know of on the W3's new. They quit listing them on their website because they got in trouble with Westone for selling them too cheap. But I think if you call them on the phone they will still sell them.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the W3 to the UM3X, assuming you are willing to experiment with tips for the W3. They can be picky about fit. I have custom molded tips, which many people feel brings the W3's up a level. You might try them with various universal tips and then ponder getting the UM56 custom tips.

Road Dog Online has the best price I know of on the W3's new. They quit listing them on their website because they got in trouble with Westone for selling them too cheap. But I think if you call them on the phone they will still sell them.

Thanks a lot for the information! I will try to contact the Road Dog online.

Dec 18, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the 3's as well it was just a thought. I was more then happy with the 3's just wanted some customs now im way more then happy haha. Good luck im sure you will love them.

Thanks man. It is easy to fall in love with this baby, but it is hard to find one with great price.

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Thanks man. It is easy to fall in love with this baby, but it is hard to find one with great price.

Yeah i know what you mean i snagged a barely used pair off here for a great price. I cant find any cheaper then 379.

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #10 of 15
prices for westone stuff dont usually go too much below msrp ive noticed. cheapest would probably be the fs threads here or ebay

Dec 18, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #11 of 15
Also try emailing Freq City Sound for a quote, although their quoted price of $329 isn't bad. IN EAR GEAR

Dec 18, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Is this Freq City Sound a authorized dealer?

They claim to be on their website (see FREQ. CITY SOUND-LIGHTING-STAGE), and I think other Head-Fiers have confirmed this, but you may want to confirm with Westone. I didn't get my W3s from Freq City, but that's a nice price.

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #15 of 15
I reawakened this thread to ask a quick question. I've got a quote on the W3 for $300 for shipping from an authorized dealer. Can I do better?
And if they're not quite right for me (want to compare to the IE8), how much should I expect to lose in the trade forums if I were to only have them for a couple weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back