Cheapest Flash player ever?
Jun 29, 2005 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Jakets

500+ Head-Fier
Im in need of a cheap ass FLASH player, as in NOT HD.

I would like 512 at least, but 256 is OK. This is just a workout rig and i dont care about looks or a screen or anything fancy. I have a great X5 20GB for everything else. Im also buying used, so feel free to point me to an ebay auction. Thanks guys
orphsmile.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vherub
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...pno~653274.asp

$19 + shipping after $40 mail in rebate

(the 128mB is $6 AR)

I picked up the 512mB for exactly the same reqs as you listed and this mach speed player was the best cheapass player i came across

Wow this is a great deal. It looks like a "nice" player, small and fairly sexy. I think i will grab this one up right now. I may have a look at the 512 if they have one. Thanks again!

BlessingX - The prices are right, but i dont have any spare cards, so overall its better to go with the one above. Thanks for the links though.
orphsmile.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 19
Bah.. i didnt realize it was mail in rebate, i totally over read that. Also -

Purchase Mach Speed 256MB Thumb Drive MP3 Player and receive a $40 mail-in rebate from Mach Speed.
Offer good through Jul 31 2005 11:59PM PST.

I wont even get it in time to mail in the rebate lol.

Jun 30, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #8 of 19
I would just point out these things are built like crap. Me and a friend both bought one (2 different models, both cheapo's off ebay) and they both broke after around a month. They just wouldn't turn on anymore.

One other thing you guys should know: neither of the above ebay units can fast foward or rewind.

Jun 30, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 19
i saw a generic 128MB player for $20 at a grocery store... and at a walgreens i saw a 64MB player for $10 (after rebates)

Jun 30, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #10 of 19
I think the cheapest decent player around is this. Get that for ~$40 and a cheap SD card, you can get a 1 GB player for <$100. Not bad, although you can probably get cheaper things used.

Jun 30, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #13 of 19
Whats everyones thoughts on this player?
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3994833

I think it looks a lot nicer than the others, and i MAY have to use a damn mail in rebate anyways. I like the looks of it as well as functionality a little better than the ones mentioned above. While it is not bottom of the pot cheap, most of the ones i have seen still require a not included sd card or something. As well they do look very breakable. Hope someone actually owns this unit to give me an idea on it. Thanks.
orphsmile.gif

Edit:

Eh, the built in speaker is sort of a turn off, i highly doubt it sounds any good at all. Also i didnt realize they were out of stock.. It seems my quest will never end.

Jun 30, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #14 of 19
Avoid buying thoses generic no name brands. Ive had 4 friends with these, and they have all broke. 3 of them wouldnt power on, even with new batteries. The other one's USB Plug broke off.

Try picking up a used one on ebay. Samsung Yepp's go pretty cheap, and they are reliable as hell. I had a YP-30SH. It was 128, and i must of dropped it over 40 times. all from my jean pocket, on to cement. Still works fine
icon10.gif

Plus the minor dents and scratches prove to people with ipods that ipods cant do everything
cool.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 11:33 PM Post #15 of 19
I BOUGHT ONE!

Despite warnings i just had too. I picked up a no name brand for 48$ It looks fairly nice, and seems to have some pretty good specs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Asside from the fact its a no name, what do you think? Was that a good pice for the ammount of space? Opinions on sexyness? Would you buy one if it was good? As soon as i recive it i will do a review, with PICTURES, cause everybody loves pics. Besides the ones that are on the ebay link kinda suck.
orphsmile.gif
Thanks for the help and advice so far guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back