cheapest dap with google play
May 29, 2023 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
hi, i am looking for a cheapish dap with the ability to download apps from google play (for audiobooks) and a 3.5mm output (all my headphones are single-ended).

If it had usb or (better) coax out so i can use it as a transport that would be good but not essential

Any ideas?

thanks

d

May 29, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #2 of 5
hi, i am looking for a cheapish dap with the ability to download apps from google play (for audiobooks) and a 3.5mm output (all my headphones are single-ended).

If it had usb or (better) coax out so i can use it as a transport that would be good but not essential

Any ideas?

thanks

d
I w suggest something like a used LG V series phone, you could probably pick up a good one for not too much money.

May 29, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #3 of 5
May 29, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 5

I wonder if the Android will up-sample everything to 48Khz before delivering the analog signal to the 3.5mm ports. And I also wonder if there is a switch in the software configuration settings to convert one or both of those ports to line-out.

May 29, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 5
I wonder if the Android will up-sample everything to 48Khz before delivering the analog signal to the 3.5mm ports. And I also wonder if there is a switch in the software configuration settings to convert one or both of those ports to line-out.

Nothing that fancy I'm afraid. Not sure if it re-samples to 48kHz but no line out that I could see. It is only about $80 though, so nothing elaborate or particularly audiophile. However, it does have a decent amount of RAM and practically no lag during use unless you want to do some gaming on it. It has quite good battery life and really doesn't sound bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back