Cheapest DAP that supports Spotify ?
Jan 2, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 4
Cheapest way I see is buying a separate dac/amp for a smartphone.

Very good sound to be had this way.

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 4
I am in a similar position and am struggling with a reasonable option cost wise...

I have iphone 6s and use spotify premium. I only have 16GB storage, of which, the majority is already taken up. 

My current thought is iphone-->dragonfly black/red-->hp...which is fine, but I can't save much music for offline listening.

One of the best alternative options would, I guess, be a Fiio X7. I assume you can save music for offline listening onto this, thus having the ability to save more music for offline. BUT, it is much more money.

There doesn't seem to be any lower cost options? Shout if you find any :D

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 4
  I am in a similar position and am struggling with a reasonable option cost wise...

I have iphone 6s and use spotify premium. I only have 16GB storage, of which, the majority is already taken up. 

My current thought is iphone-->dragonfly black/red-->hp...which is fine, but I can't save much music for offline listening.

One of the best alternative options would, I guess, be a Fiio X7. I assume you can save music for offline listening onto this, thus having the ability to save more music for offline. BUT, it is much more money.

There doesn't seem to be any lower cost options? Shout if you find any :D

VERY cheap smartphone + external DAC.
Cheap phones often have an SD slot so that's another plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back