Cheapest amp capable of handling LCD2 without frying
Jan 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

squallkiercosa

Headphoneus Supremus
I've looking for a budget amp for the audeze LCD2, considering how power hungry the LCD2 is, options are limited.
I was considering the Schiit magni, but do you guys have any other suggestions? 

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I've looking for a budget amp for the audeze LCD2, considering how power hungry the LCD2 is, options are limited.
I was considering the Schiit magni, but do you guys have any other suggestions? 

Not to be elitist, but $100 budget for $1000 cans?

Maybe bump up to the Asgard, but honestly, maybe a different set of cans?

I should add this disclaimer: I have not gotten a chance to listen to the Magni, but if it's as well thought out as the rest of the Shiit line, I think it's something worth considering if that's truly your budget (there's not much in that range that would drive a LCD2 well).

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3 of 4
I know, I know, it is insane, I could stretch the budget but I like the idea of carrying the amp with me. 

Here's main concern, I don't want to look every year for a really nice pair of headphones and I would like to avoid having too many headphones. I do think I already have enough, but let's face it: its never enough, but with one of the best headphones, what would be my personal excuse? 

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 4
Nothing necessarily wrong with buying a $100 amp for $1000 headphones. If the amp is good, why not? The Magni is good, at least subjectively, and there was a thread where somebody couldn't distinguish it from the Asgard in a blind test. Link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/643368/schiit-modi-and-magni-comparison-to-bifrost-and-asgard. I wish there were measurements, though. If you want an amp that's been thoroughly measured, consider the O2. It can drive the LCD2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back