Cheaper $= better sound?
May 7, 2017 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BL33DnEaRs

100+ Head-Fier
Here's a new one on me. Recently picked up a Sony NWA20 series walkman. Nothing special, loaded it with a misc of flac, and mp3s. I originally thought the need for this was simply to find a smaller, lighter player for when on the move. My "main" portable is a IPod Classic 7th>JDS C5> T-Peos H100. For me this stack is my "grail" sound signature. I attempted to use the H100s with the Sony...= NO GO!.. sounds terrible? Very thin, harsh, with almost no soundstage or presence. Discouraged, I tried the cheap o' KZ ZSTs and WoW! Sounds awesome! What? I disabled all sound setting extras before trying each iems, played with the eq a bit, but never could get the fullness with the H100 like I do with the ZSTs using the same eq. Any takers on why?

May 12, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 3
I think that Sony seems to love lower impedance phones.

From what I could find, the Kz Zst are 18 ohms with 106 sensitivity, while the Peos H100's are 32 ohm with 102. It seems both are BA drivers. So maybe the difference is from the impedance? I know my 64Audio u12 are 16 with 115. They sound awesome.

IMHO

May 22, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 3
You are correct, they both are BA drivers. I too see they are different ohms, just never understood how that make such a difference. For sure the A26 likes the pairing with the ZST's over the H100's. They sound so much fuller, but I must say they lack in the mids/highs department. Now the H100's paired with my IPC/C5D.....they absolutely shine!. Just was looking for a smaller footprint with still a big sound for ease of traveling and commuting. Thanks for they response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back