cheap tuner/boombox for bathroom
Sep 30, 2004 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Leland

New Head-Fier
Ok, it's an odd thread. Perhaps not even suited to this board. My roommate moved out and took away our bathroom radio. I'm really addicted to my news and music in the bathroom now.

I'd like to get something with a good am/fm digital tuner that is dirt cheap since the chances of it surviving more than a year in its placement (open window sill in the bathroom) are slim to none.

Essentially, I'd like something like the Recepter (bought it for my dad last year and it's awesome), but cheaper as wear/tear will be heavy. I also have $20 free to amazon if anyone has suggestions that I can get there.

Requirements:
  1. Digital tuner with presets (that rules out the Tivoli stuff)
  2. Compact (goes on a window sill)
  3. Cheap (as it will most likely die young), meaning 50 or under, if possible

Nice to haves:
  1. Sounds better than cats fighting
  2. CD or inputs

Sep 30, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 3
I like the kind that you can hang up in the shower. In general, I don't think there's going to be anything special about specific products meeting these criteria. I'd buy the cheapest thing Kmart carries.

Oct 1, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 3
Gracias jefe, I kind of figured that might be the answer. I've had a few of the 'in-shower' kinds and none have worked for me in terms of decent reception. I'm usually listening to an NPR station, so I don't have a compunction to change the frequency in mid-shower. If I turn up with something terrible, I'll be sure to post on back. Otherwise assume that the Generic-brand ain't terrible.

I can't believe I'm going to buy a boombox. Anyway, the real solution is to get myself a job where I can afford to stick a Recepter in the can.
smily_headphones1.gif
And then buy another one for my alarm clock since I would start spending too much time on the throne.

Enough potty talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back