Cheap transport + DAC or higher priced CDP?
Jun 11, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #61 of 75
What are the costs and the mods associated with each?

Jun 11, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #63 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on the NAD... I'm waiting to see if there is a C545 in the near future.

Thanks, I can't wait for it to arrive
3000smile.gif
. I'm still trying to find a home amp because the Hornet won't (?) do it justice. Trying to get a Gilmore Lite at the moment.

Jun 13, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #64 of 75
The player arrived just now and I've been listening for about 25 mins. Preliminary listening is through a Hornet using some Sony cable I've had lying around. Good grief. I'm astonished at how much music I've been missing. Albums that I've listened to many times over are revealed in a new light. Everything just has so much more prescence as though it was 'veiled' compared to listening through my through pcdp. Its like being completely sober for the first time ever when listening to music-all the previous times with the pcdp was equivalent to verging on a drunk. Most important of all, is that feel my source is now adequate allowing me to get back to listening to music.

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #65 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most important of all, is that feel my source is now adequate allowing me to get back to listening to music.

Time for you to leave

kungfuhands2.jpg

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #66 of 75
Quote:

Thanks, I can't wait for it to arrive
3000smile.gif
. I'm still trying to find a home amp because the Hornet won't (?) do it justice. Trying to get a Gilmore Lite at the moment.

What about looking at the MAD amps. My HD2 sounds amazing with my NAD ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #68 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time for you to leave

kungfuhands2.jpg

I'm not that annoying am I?
confused.gif
. Besides, I still have so many headphones to try/buy
rs1smile.gif
(wheres that image from?)
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about looking at the MAD amps. My HD2 sounds amazing with my NAD ...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just checked their website to see how much they cost. $600
blink.gif
. I'm not too keen on the idea of tube amps anyways. Not to mention I've already bought the Gilmore Lite.
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Forgot to mention.
I read you were also looking for some good RCA-RCA cables, right?
I suggest the DiMarzio High Definition. You can get lots of better cable, but that would be too expensive. The DiMarzion is solid/robust with good connectors and sound awesome ...

I got some cables with the player-QED Qunex 2. Haven't had a chance to use them though as the amp hasn't arrived.

Jun 13, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #69 of 75
Quote:

I'm not that annoying am I?
confused.gif
. Besides, I still have so many headphones to try/buy
rs1smile.gif
(wheres that image from?)

It is a still from the opening sequence of an old 70s TV show Kung Fu, when Caine can snatch the pebble from the Master's hand then he can learn no more in the Shaolin Monastery....its a metaphor..... perhaps you are too young to remember it....

Jun 13, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #70 of 75
Quote:

It is a still from the opening sequence of an old 70s TV show Kung Fu, when Caine can snatch the pebble from the Master's hand then he can learn no more in the Shaolin Monastery....its a metaphor..... perhaps you are too young to remember it....

I get what you mean. And by no means am I finished with upgrading. And I was born in '87. Perhaps your still was a coincidental poke at my Chinese background?
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #71 of 75
Quote:

...thought it was from TITANIC
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Klaus

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #73 of 75
Quote:

I get what you mean. And by no means am I finished with upgrading. And I was born in '87. Perhaps your still was a coincidental poke at my Chinese background?
tongue.gif

Nope, it is the Internet I had no idea that you had a Chinese background and if I did I certainly would not have used that knowledge to slight you. Kung Fu was just an old TV show that was quite popular in Britain when I was growing up in the 70s. If the reference caused any offence I apologise wholeheartedly it was not intended in any way.

Jun 14, 2007 at 2:11 PM Post #75 of 75
Quote:

Nope, it is the Internet I had no idea that you had a Chinese background and if I did I certainly would not have used that knowledge to slight you. Kung Fu was just an old TV show that was quite popular in Britain when I was growing up in the 70s. If the reference caused any offence I apologise wholeheartedly it was not intended in any way.

Erm I think you misunderstood me-I was just pointing out the coincidental Chinese reference in jest (hence the tongue smiley at the end). Maybe you've been in America too long and forgotten what satire was
tongue.gif

Back on topic...its been 24 hours with the c 542 and I couldn't contemplate going back to anything less knowing what was missing. To me, this is a night and day difference, but maybe my blanket statement is partially attributed to the sa5000's characteristics. I've yet to give the HD 595 a spin. And my proper amp hasn't come yet
icon10.gif

EDIT: please do note that I've been using a pcdp as my primary source for about 18 months, therefore my impressions of this player maybe more pronounced than another person upgrading from something more respectable than a pcdp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back