Cheap (T2 plus or T4) or expensive earphones
Jul 19, 2021 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Quanghungphung

New Head-Fier
Dear all.
I'm quite new to high end audio equipment. I got meze 99 head phone and looking for a small earphones to walk around with

I just wonder... Is it a bid different between the T2 or similar to those £1000 earphone? Is it worth it n?

Im using se100 dap

Aug 5, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 6
I have a T2 and T2 Plus.

T2 is bright-neutral where with an analytical sound. It is light on bass in terms of decay. Quantity is ok. Mids are natural and if you are treble sensitive then it might get a bit hot for you. But, the biggest plus point is timbre and tonality. It is super flat i.e. neutral and without any colouration. For $30, there aren't many IEMs that can match them for neutrality.

T2 Plus is a little fun version of T2 where they have worked on the bass. It is now not anaemic in the lower regions but has enough juice to stay close to neutral and sound fun. It is tuned closer to Harman Neutral Target curve. T2 Plus also has better build quality and is more comfortable in the ears as opposed to T2.

I don't have P1 and also don't have any experience with how a £1000 IEM sounds. But, from what I've heard from most members, IEMs have diminishing returns over £300-350. Now a days, you can get a very competent earphone for as low as £20 like a KZ DQ6 or a £40 HZSOUND Heart Mirror. And, if you like tribrids then there's Geek Wold GK10 that's making some waves in the community.

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #3 of 6
I have a T2 and T2 Plus.

T2 is bright-neutral where with an analytical sound. It is light on bass in terms of decay. Quantity is ok. Mids are natural and if you are treble sensitive then it might get a bit hot for you. But, the biggest plus point is timbre and tonality. It is super flat i.e. neutral and without any colouration. For $30, there aren't many IEMs that can match them for neutrality.

T2 Plus is a little fun version of T2 where they have worked on the bass. It is now not anaemic in the lower regions but has enough juice to stay close to neutral and sound fun. It is tuned closer to Harman Neutral Target curve. T2 Plus also has better build quality and is more comfortable in the ears as opposed to T2.

I don't have P1 and also don't have any experience with how a £1000 IEM sounds. But, from what I've heard from most members, IEMs have diminishing returns over £300-350. Now a days, you can get a very competent earphone for as low as £20 like a KZ DQ6 or a £40 HZSOUND Heart Mirror. And, if you like tribrids then there's Geek Wold GK10 that's making some waves in the community.
Sorry to hijack this thread.. I see two kinds of Tin T2 Plus
1. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000908389231.html
2. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828096748.html

Which kind you have/tested.. second one has a note "T2 has upgraded, the cable and packaging has upgraded, the sound is same.", but the first one looks more comfortable. I am looking to change out my aging Shure SE215 something else. Shure plastic is breaking apart, and I don't mind giving a metal body a try..

Oct 1, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Sorry to hijack this thread.. I see two kinds of Tin T2 Plus
1. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000908389231.html
2. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828096748.html

Which kind you have/tested.. second one has a note "T2 has upgraded, the cable and packaging has upgraded, the sound is same.", but the first one looks more comfortable. I am looking to change out my aging Shure SE215 something else. Shure plastic is breaking apart, and I don't mind giving a metal body a try..
One is a T2 Plus and other one is with an upgrade cable. I'm not a much of a believer in cables so I would suggest that you get one which is cheaper.

T2 Plus has a safe Harman-ish tuning which is very comfortable in ears. If you like mellow yet pleasant sound then T2 Plus are the ones for you.

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #5 of 6
One is a T2 Plus and other one is with an upgrade cable. I'm not a much of a believer in cables so I would suggest that you get one which is cheaper.

T2 Plus has a safe Harman-ish tuning which is very comfortable in ears. If you like mellow yet pleasant sound then T2 Plus are the ones for you.
well, for me the dilemma is AliExpress seems to show both as T2 Plus headphones

1633116259302.png
and
1633116321165.png

Both look quite different to be called with same name :) First one with more round edges looks comfortable enough to sleep on, second one looks it will stick out a bit. Which one you have?

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 6
well, for me the dilemma is AliExpress seems to show both as T2 Plus headphones

1633116259302.png and
1633116321165.png

Both look quite different to be called with same name :) First one with more round edges looks comfortable enough to sleep on, second one looks it will stick out a bit. Which one you have?
The first is the Plus, the second is the regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back