cheap, sound-isolating earbuds
Feb 12, 2006 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jnev

100+ Head-Fier
i broke my sharp md33's about a week ago (long story, but they were ran over by a car
basshead.gif
), so now, i need new ones. i was thinking about just getting another pair of them since i really liked them, but i want a change. what are some other good sound-isolating earbuds in about the same price range. right now they're being used with a zen micro, but i will be replacing it soon with probably an X5. i mainly listen to rock and metal.

thanks

Feb 12, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 6
The JVC FX-55's are as good and have the similar fun sound and larger soundstage. The other inexpensive ones (Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, AT, Philips) are slightly behind those two and would probably dissapoint. Froogle the FX-55's and they are as little as $13 for the US long cord version.

Or wait a couple of weeks since the Fx-77's started shipping this month and should be better than the rest of them and are on Amazon Japan for 3980Yen(~ $35). The should cost around $50 from the likes of Audiocubes and warehouse123. They are cheaper than I thought they would be and I'm gonna grab them as soon as they are available. Apparently these are midrange and fall in between the likes of an HJE70/CK7/EX90 and the cheaper ones. The FX-99 should be the $100+ "high end" version.

Feb 12, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 6
thanks for the suggestion, though i don't know where or how you found the fx-55's for only $13. on froogle audiocubes was the only site that had them in stock, and they cost $35, which, though still a very acceptable price, isn't the $13 you were talking about.

thanks again, any more suggestions?

Feb 12, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back