cheap, small DAP (UK)
Feb 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jon_m

100+ Head-Fier
My Sandisk Sansa has broke
frown.gif
so I need a replacement. I'd like something v much like the Sansa - small, reasonable sound, little or not background hiss, cheap (or cheap-ish).

I have a 4GB SDHC card I was using with the Sansa - so had 6GB total memory with that. I'd want at least 2GB memory in a DAP, pref 4-6GB - or if I could use one with my card, that would be ideal.

To use with etymotic ER6 earphones.

Any suggestions? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 15
thanks - sounds like it could do the business. Can't find on the PC World site - do you have a link?

btw, the Clip doesn't take SD cards? 8GB should be ample, though...

Feb 27, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #5 of 15
its in store only - price on website is a lot higher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks - sounds like it could do the business. Can't find on the PC World site - do you have a link?

btw, the Clip doesn't take SD cards? 8GB should be ample, though...

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #6 of 15
Thanks - good tip, but no PC world store near me.

Hm, £50 was more than I was hoping to spend. But I guess better to spend £50 on something that does all I want than £30 on something I'd be wanting to replace in 6 months...

Anything cheaper worth considering? Or anything else at that price point?

Thanks.

Mar 1, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 15
smily_headphones1.gif
No car, which I guess makes 'near' a bit different. There's no Sainsburys or PC World I could get to without relatively long, pricey trip on public transport, or blagging a lift...

Mar 4, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #11 of 15
Right - ordered the Fuze off play. If others are looking at this, Play are doing a deal where you get a fiver off if you buy the 12GB Fuze bundle and certain CDs - I got the player and an old Kings of Leon album for £49.

Mar 4, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #12 of 15
fair play to play.com - I sent back my Fuze after being annoyed with the "random volume issue"

and they gave me a full refund + postage

that said it was my first return in about 9 years !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back