Cheap Power Conditioner?
Oct 16, 2005 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Audio18

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all, looking for a cheap (20-25 dollar) power strip conditioner. I've seen some of these at Bestbuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1122655460903

Are they any good? I'm not really looking for any sort of improvement on sound, just protection from power outages and power spikes. I have my monitor speakers, computer monitor, DSL modem, and computer all hooked up to one super cheap 1 dollar power strip. I don't want anything to die or fail on me in an event of a power failure, lightning strike, etc. If it does improve the sound (since there are so many things connected into one power line) that would be just a bonus. Thanks!

Oct 16, 2005 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 7
What you are looking for is just a cheap surge protector.
Belkin has lots of such products.
You can even pick up GE surge protectors at Target.
They are basically all the same.

Oct 16, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferbose

I think the thread starter is looking for the cheapest power conditioner that will actually filter out AC power pollution instead of just a cheap generic surge protector.

EDIT: OK, just read his post more thoroughly and I guess he is just looking for a surge protector. LOL. But I will pose the following question anyway:

What is the lowest priced power conditioner that can actually claim to do any filtering?

I have the old Monster Cable HTS1000, which is now called the PC1000. It's pretty fair priced, but I cannot confirm if it's doing anything beneficial over a cheap Belkin. I'm not a power conditioning expert.

Oct 16, 2005 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferbose

Agreed, =) does the job.

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio18
Hi all, looking for a cheap (20-25 dollar) power strip conditioner. I've seen some of these at Bestbuy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1122655460903

Are they any good? I'm not really looking for any sort of improvement on sound, just protection from power outages and power spikes. I have my monitor speakers, computer monitor, DSL modem, and computer all hooked up to one super cheap 1 dollar power strip. I don't want anything to die or fail on me in an event of a power failure, lightning strike, etc. If it does improve the sound (since there are so many things connected into one power line) that would be just a bonus. Thanks!

This would be your best deal and it's new
biggrin.gif

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....owr&1133580434

If he still has it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back