Cheap portables, not canal
Jan 12, 2005 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DCnphones

Head-Fier
Well, my wallet is still whimpering after my a900 splurge, but I have a new dilemma, I just started some part time work to pick up a few extra bucks while things are a little financially slow. The bad news is that my E3C's a kinda frowned upon, because I can't hear jack, not to mention taking them in and out is a pain, litterally.
I'm looking at my Ipod earbuds as I type thinking, nah-uh!
I was eyeballing the Eggos for a minute, after reading so many good things about the sound and portabilty, but I hear that greatly reduce outside sound. Same for the MD33s.
I'm eyeballing some ATH earclips, they're cool looking, but that says slim to nil about the sound and comfort. Plus waiting a week and a half for delivery sucks!
To sum, I have about 50$ to spend, earbuds, while not ruled out tend to slip on me, and I like traditional handband types, because I can slip them around my neck when not in use!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
(i.e. my grados won't cut it, and the a900's, forget it)

Jan 12, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 11
Koss KSC35 or 75 clip ons, sennheiser mx400/500 earbuds. Each less than $50 and sound great.

Jan 12, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks so much for the input. I was trying to some research on a few by brands I like. I like my hd600, and am warming up to their sound, maybe I'll give them a whirl.
Still looking, thanks for the recommendations..

Jan 12, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 11
Read good things about the Portapros, plus I just want to be able to hop in Circuit city and get them, and possibly return them if I'm not happy.
Hmm...
If anyone has had a similar predicament where they can't block out all sound, and have tried a couple "portables", I'd be open to any swaying arguments you may have. I'll make my decision by this coming sunday though, that's for sure.

Jan 12, 2005 at 11:18 PM Post #8 of 11
Quick question, i was checking the Portapros on the CC website. What's the difference between the Portapro and Portapro 2, besides the 20$ difference. I'm too much of a "What am I missing?" type person to not spend the full $50 for better sound.

Jan 12, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DCnphones
Quick question, i was checking the Portapros on the CC website. What's the difference between the Portapro and Portapro 2, besides the 20$ difference. I'm too much of a "What am I missing?" type person to not spend the full $50 for better sound.

The only difference lies in the color scheme and the lack of ComfortZone adjust on the PP2...you're not missing much. The PP2 is otherwise exactly the same. Good 'phones for the price.

Jan 13, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #11 of 11
portapro2 and sportapro are good... and sound very similar. You can get sportas on ebay for $17 shipped.

Go with one of the Koss 60 ohm models, and dont look back. Theyre great cans for the $$ IMHO.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back