Cheap, Portable Headphones
Oct 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PatrickAupperle

Head-Fier
I am looking for a cheap (<$30, <$20 preferably) headphones that I can carry in my pocket/laptop bag easily. I don't want to have to worry about breaking them.

Following these requirements, what are the best sounding headphones? They will be used for rock (all kinds) and TV shows driven straight from my Samsung Vibrant.

Oct 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I will throw a few out for consideration, based on personal experience and/or OCD-level research/reading here in the forums:

Monoprice 8323 ( currently $23.20 plus shipping) (portable?)
Philips SHL9075A/28 (got mine for $29.99 shipped from JR.com/Amazon)
JVC HA-S400 ($25 shipped macmall.com with shoprunner)
Panasonic RP-HTX7 (various colors @ $30 shipped w/Prime at Amazon) (portable?)

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I will throw a few out for consideration, based on personal experience and/or OCD-level research/reading here in the forums:

Monoprice 8323 ( currently $23.20 plus shipping) (portable?)
Philips SHL9075A/28 (got mine for $29.99 shipped from JR.com/Amazon)
JVC HA-S400 ($25 shipped macmall.com with shoprunner)
Panasonic RP-HTX7 (various colors @ $30 shipped w/Prime at Amazon) (portable?)

Thank you for the response.
I can't seem to find the Philips SHL9075A on JR.com/Amazon (JR.com/Amazon doesn't seem to exist and searching their home page doesn't seem to do anything.
As for the JVC HA-S400, I found this on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAS400B-Nanotube-Headband-Headphones/dp/B008P8EXRU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1349573113&sr=8-2&keywords=jvc+has400
Is it right?
How well would these fold up for pocket carrying?

The monoprice and panasonic headphones both seem less portable than I was looking for. I guess I may be looking almost solely for earbuds/iems. If something else could fold up into some small durable package, it could be good. It would have to be smaller than Jays V-Jays (and a lot more durable), though. Koss portapro size would probably be acceptable, but I would prefer smaller. Do either of those two happen to fold up in some way I didn't manage to perceive from their photos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back