Cheap Phono Preamp for Turntable?
Dec 16, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought a TCC TC-750. I was really interested in building my own Bugle too. ssportclay, how difficult is it to build a Bugle? The only thing I've made before was the CMoy, and I wouldn't want to waste $100 in parts on something I can't build.

I bought the kit and parts with the intention of building it myself. When I showed it to a friend of mine to see what he thought of the kit, he just put it together for me in less than an hour and sort of robed me of my fun. It seemed like it took longer to order the parts than put it together but my friend is pretty experienced. If you can assemble a CMoy, you should have no problem. Enjoy the kit. BTY, I still recommend the LM4562 and the battery pack adds some punch but takes up more space. If you should decide to invest in a MC cartridge down the road, the CineMag step-up transformers still seem like the best way to go. These amazing devices are responsible for some very expensive active headamps showing up used at bargain prices.

Dec 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks Mrslim and ssportclay! I just ordered the kit linked to on Ebay along with the extra 3 LM4562's from digikey.

I used only one LM4562 amp in the U3 socket and the standard amps in U1 and U2. I am not sure that Hagerman recommends the LM4562 at those locations. You might check Hagerman Technology at Audiocircle for any questions you may have.

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #21 of 22
post removed. never mind, I found what I'm looking for
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #22 of 22
Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back