Cheap options for office
Jan 16, 2009 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

quadmaniac

Head-Fier
Hello head-fi'ers.

I'm looking for a cheap (under $30) option for my office. SQ should be as good as possible in the budget. I DONT want it to be too isolating, since my manager currently has had to come to my desk and physically shake me up quite a few times when I'm listening to my marshmallows
tongue.gif

Plus, it has to be durable, since its likely to be pulled out/in or put on/removed quite often.

Unfortunately I found only 2 options:

1. Sennheiser PX 100
2. Sennheiser HD 201

Any other ideas/advice?

~Raj

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Koss ksc75 is a good option

I already have those. While the SQ is better than awesome, I need a mirror every time I have to clip those on!

I definitely want something more comfortable to put on/off my head.

Jan 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #5 of 20
I'd go for the PX100. I abused a pair for over 2 years with no problem. I really abused them too doing heavy yard work and home renovation. The only problem I had was keeping them on sometimes, but that shouldn't be a problem in an office.

Jan 18, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #10 of 20
yeah Open headphones will leak sound, so people will hear it, depends on how loud you like your music to be

You might want to get the PX200? the closed one, but most people will tell you they dont sound as good as the PX100.

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #12 of 20
Unless the person next to you is super sensitive, or very close, like at a table, open headphones shouldn't bother him. If you listen at levels that allow you to listen all day without hearing damage, open headphones don't leak that much. If someone 5 feet away can hear the music, you're probably listening too loud. I listen to headphones that are much more open than the PX100 and I can't hear them when I hold them 2 feet away.

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #14 of 20
Don't discount the PortaPros. They have more edge and liveliness than the PX100, and better highs.

If you like laid back with good bass, get PX100. If you like lively with bass, get PortaPros.

Also, neither one leaks as much as, say, Grados.

Feb 21, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #15 of 20
Ive listened to the PortaPros. Bass emphasis, and dispite beening open i cant hear my friend talking :p with music on moderate volume in a resonably quiet office environemnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back