Cheap OPA627's "real"?
Jun 2, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent
I don't know where TI has their manufacturing, but you can bet your sweet bippy that it isn't Texas.

"Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture."
/g.bush
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 10:38 AM Post #17 of 20
I ordered some TI's amps and chips for amps and usb dac by guzzler and the
manufacturing origin was a pacific country, I don't remember exactly which, but it was defenitely a pacific country.

Also a friend of mine gave me some op amps from them and they were also pacific made. I will try to find the paper where that was written.

Jun 3, 2005 at 1:54 PM Post #18 of 20
Your $30 DVD player has the benefit of a fixed USD->Yuan exchange rate. The country keeps it rate governmentally locked with the dollar at a fixed rate to ensure that we continue to manufacture items in China for shipment to the US.

With the defated dollar, it makes China the most attractive country for manufacturing, even when you consider the items have to be container shipped around the world to get here.

Jun 3, 2005 at 3:49 PM Post #19 of 20
The dice are likely fabricated in the USA. The dice are then shipped to Asia for assembly. The assembled products are then shipped back to the USA and elsewhere with the "origin" labeled as the south Pacifiic.

Jun 3, 2005 at 11:36 PM Post #20 of 20
Folks,you need to read my earlier post in this thread.

the references being made ,and you who made them know exactly what I mean,lead to the very problem mentioned and so have been deleted as being "off topic".Please refrain from continuing on that same track or I will just have to delete the post.Again as being off topic which that discussion is.

thanks

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back