Cheap noise-canceling/isolating headphones
Feb 19, 2010 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

IAmAUser

New Head-Fier
Long story short: I'm going on a five-day bus trip. The bus is loaded with very loud high-schoolers. Are there any semi-portable headphones that would work decently under $50, and without an amp? I know I am completely inexperienced; the only real phones I've used are my brother's SR-60i and my trusty PX-100, both of which are adequate for my tastes (classical, especially choral music).

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #2 of 6
You probably don't want to get any noise cancelling headphones, especially for your budget. Closed headphones are also probably out of your budget range.. consider IEMs. How long do you have until the bus trip? If its not like in 2 days, there are some nice options you can order online.

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #3 of 6
It's in a month and a half. And yeah, I know that my nearly non-existent budget is going to be a problem. How does the SQ on IEMs typically compare to full-sized headsets?

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #5 of 6
With that price range the only portable headphone I'd consider for isolation and SQ is the JVC HA-M750. Other than that I agree with rymd - IEMs are the way to go. Quite a selection in your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back