Cheap monitoring midrange headphone last choices
Jul 25, 2006 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
I've narrowed my choices down;

to a the cheap sony Sony MDR-7506 , which is good because the cost is quite low, and can be driven by my laptop (as im using my laptop + soundcard- still need to deide which to get, so low budget- for source)

or

the bigger and moer impressive but more expensive K271S. this i heard is a good mid range headphone, good for monitoring my guitar stuff, also i can play through my pedal board and play without distubring people sometimes. the only thing is im afraid it might not be that easy to drive, but i've got a good CMOY- could the CMOY drive the K271S and would it be ok to drive like that? i mean laptop soundcard --> cmoy--> K271S.

thanks for the recommendations!

Jul 25, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1031
I've narrowed my choices down;

to a the cheap sony Sony MDR-7506 , which is good because the cost is quite low, and can be driven by my laptop (as im using my laptop + soundcard- still need to deide which to get, so low budget- for source)

AFAIK, the MDR-V6's are the *exact* same thing (maybe a different plug?) but cost less... $60-some dollars if you look around...

Jul 25, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 7
If you want a really good pure monitoring headphone (cold and fairly flat) try the Sennheiser HD280. I'm sure you can find it for super cheap used.

Jul 25, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 7
yea, have you considered the HD280 or HD25-1? Both are easy to drive and excellent for monitoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back